A Guide To Understanding The Clean Air Act Of 1990
The increase of industrial activities has resulted in a rise in the levels of air pollution throughout the US. To protect the environment, the US government had imposed the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 on the 15th of November, 1990. This act seeks to limit the amount of pollutants that can be released into the air in any place within the country, and every state has to take measures to ensure that pollution does not exceed the limit that is set by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Why Should You Be Concerned About Air Pollution?
- What is Air Pollution?: An introduction to air pollution as well as pages with information about its effects and prevention.
- The Effects of Air Pollution: A comprehensive description of the detrimental effects of pollution on human health and the environment.
- Air Pollution and Human Health: Extensive information on the various health problems that can result from air pollution.
- Air Pollution Causes Global Warming: An overview of air pollution and global warming.
- Air Pollution and Ozone Depletion: An article that explains how air pollution causes ozone depletion.
Features of the 1990 Clean Air Act
- The Clean Air Act: Contents of the Clean Air Act as well as related documents.
- Features of the 1990 Clean Air Act: An article that reveals the roles of the federal government and individual states in the implementation of the Clean Air Act of 1990.
- Clean Air Act Operating Permit: Documents that provide information about the Clean Air Act operating permits.
Cleaning Up Air Pollutants
- Criteria Pollutants: Pollutants that are considered harmful by the Clean Air Act.
- Clean Up Air Pollutants: An article that discusses the need to clean up commonly found air pollutants.
- Primary and Secondary Air Quality Control Standards: The primary and secondary standards for controlling air quality, as specified in the Clean Air Act.
- Transportation and Air Quality: Articles that provide information on transportation and air pollution.
- Cleaner Fuels: Fuels that can be used to replace pollutant fuels.
- Eco-Friendly Cars: An overview of the environmental benefits of eco-friendly cars.
Repairing the Ozone Layer
- Repairing the Ozone Layer: An article that reveals the efforts that are being made to repair the ozone layer.
- How to Save Ozone Layer: Report that shows what can be done to save the ozone layer.
Revisions to the Clean Air Act
- Revision of Air Quality Standards: Information on the revision of the national ambient air quality standards in Clean Air Act.
- Clean Air Act Timeline: Timeline of the development of the Clean Air Act over the years.
How Do You Know the Clean Air Act is Working?
- Clean Air Act is Working: An article that discusses the effectiveness of the Clean Air Act and the need for more extensive measures to solve future problems.
- Results of the Clean Air Act: An analysis of the results of the implementation of the Clean Air Act.
- Major Attack on Clean Air Act: An account of how the Clean Air Act withstood a major attack.