Even as the weather is getting colder it’s important to spend time outside and appreciate nature. That’s why we’re hosting the Best Camping/Hiking Photo Contest. To enter our photo contest, send us your best camping or hiking photo, or photo that best represents you roughing it in the outdoors. Whether it’s a family photo or a solo shot of you experiencing nature, we’d like to see it. The winner of the contest receives a free Katadyn MyBottle Water Purifier (a $50 value). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
To enter the contest, follow these easy steps:
1. “Like” our Facebook page.
2. Post your best hiking/camping photo on our wall or e-mail your photo directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it on the wall ourselves.
3. Tell your friends to “Like” our Facebook page so that they can “Like” your photo.
4. After your photo is posted, people will vote on the best photo by “liking” the image.
Voting begins today, Monday October 10, and ends at 4pm on Friday October 14. The photo with the most “Likes” at the end of the week wins the contest.
The winner of this contest receives a Katadyn MyBottle Water Purifier (a $50 in value). The Katadyn MyBottle Water Purifier with the Blue Splash finish is an advanced personal water bottle filtration system. The MyBottle is the only personal water bottle purification system on the entire water filter market that is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). To use this water bottle purifier all you have to do is fill the bottle with the water you want purified, insert the specially-designed Katadyn purification system, and drink from virtually any fresh water source. This reusable water bottle is perfect for use on any hiking or camping trip and is also useful for trips overseas.
Image Credit: discoverbuenosaires.com
“Spring forward, fall back.” It’s a simple phrase we’ve used for years to remind ourselves about Daylight Savings Time, when we either advance our clocks forward and back. We moved our clocks one hour forward earlier this Spring, March 2nd to be exact, and we will move our clocks one hour back this fall, on November 6th. While it’s important to note November 6th to make sure you’re in synch with the rest of the world, there is a major reason you may not have thought about yet: replacing your air and furnace filters.
The Northwest Natural Gas Company notes that many American choose Daylight Savings as the time to replace the batteries in their smoke detectors, but we should also replace our furnace filters too. NW Natural states:
“This will save money and extend the life of your furnace. The easiest and least expensive way to ensure your furnace is running efficiently is to change the filter on a regular basis. For a relatively low cost you can rack up measurable savings on winter heating costs and avoid expensive repairs in the future. Plan to replace your filter every one to three months when the heater is in use. Homes with pets may benefit from replacing the filter more frequently. This is an excellent way to improve home air quality in a season when many more hours are spent indoors.”
Having trouble deciding which furnace filter to buy? Here are a few suggestions:
Filters Fast Air & Furnace Filters MERV 11, 6-pack
- These are economical filter replacements sold in a variety of sizes. With a MERV 11 rating you can ensure that your indoor air is protected from dust, dirt, mold spores, and pet dander.
Filtrete Ultra Allergen Air Filter
- A high-performing air filter that uses electrostatically charged fibers to attract airborne particles, such as pollen, mold spores, dust mite debris, smoke, pet dander, household dust, smog, bacteria, and virus carrying particles. Also, save $6 through a mail-in-rebate available on our site.
Trion Air Bear Media AC Filter
- This pleated air filter features a MERV 8 rating. Trion Air Bear whole-house media AC filters are a practical choice due to the high-efficiency synthetic material used in their construction and their extended-surface pleats that provide for higher dirt-holding capacity. Efficient air conditioning filters can prolong the life of your equipment, and save you money.