In order to enjoy a great tasting glass of water, you do not need to be a Water Sommelier to indulge. Treat yourself and your guests to clean filtered drinking water at a fraction of what it would cost for boutique or gourmet water. A water sommelier, akin to a wine sommelier, becomes skilled at the technique of pairing different compositions of water from around the world with food. The fine dining experience of drinking sommelier crafted water focuses on the impact of the taste and flavor of food combined with the complexity in the taste of water.
Typically, the average consumer does not have the luxury to frequently dine out and purchase a $20.00 bottle of gourmet water, or pay around $2.50 to $5.00 per glass. With that said, we have some suggestions to help create that fine dining atmosphere at home for pennies on the dollar, while enjoying great tasting filtered water with your food.
Here are a few basic and inexpensive items you will need:
- 1 Filtered Water Pitcher like the ZeroWater Water Filter Pitcher
- A wine glass (2 if someone is joining you)
- 1 tablecloth
- Cloth napkins
- Candles in a glass votive or on candlesticks
- Light finger sandwiches/pastries
- Plates or Saucers
- Soft music
Now on to that fine dining experience!
- Pour tap water into filtered water pitcher.
- Spread a tablecloth over your dinette table or if you prefer al fresco, drape the cloth over your patio table.
- Place candles in the middle of the table and light
- Set your table with your wine glass, folded cloth napkins, plates/saucers and flatware if needed
- Place light appetizers/pastries on table
- Pour water from filtered water pitcher in wine glasses
- Bon Appétit!
You don’t have to travel to faraway lands or become a water sommelier in order to have clean, delicious filtered drinking water. Water from different regions of the country vary in mineral content, hardness and contain other waterborne particles that could impact taste. While no one knows how long the trend of fine dining gourmet or boutique water will last, access to clean filtered drinking water is within your reach, without the large price tag. If you choose to add some pizzazz to your drinking water, you could add fruit or other flavors on the market.