If your water smells and tastes like metal or if you find yourself constantly scrubbing that unsightly scum that forms around the interior of your bathtub, then chances are you are suffering from a hard water problem. Water hardness results from the presence of dissolved calcium and magnesium deposits in natural water. Hard water buildup is responsible for most scale formation that clogs and corrodes your pipes, plumbing fixtures, appliances and water heaters. Ion exchange systems, often called water softeners are effective for reducing water hardness with little or no hardness remaining in the water if they are used.
Here are 7 economical reasons why you should consider purchasing a water softening system to condition your hard water:
- Cost effective: Saves money on constantly buying cleaning supplies, because you will use less detergent and soap.
- Clothes last longer: Hard water shortens the life span of your clothes and dulls the color. Conditioned water will help your garments last longer and you may avoid the need for using fabric softeners.
- Eliminates stains: Hard water creates mineral buildup on your bathroom fixtures and darkens your porcelain. Softened water will deter this problem.
- Reduces streaky dishes: Hard water creates streaks and water spots on your dishes and glasses. Conditioned water eliminates this problem and helps your dishwasher last longer and perform better.
- Preserves faucets and protects pipes: Hard water corrodes and clogs the valves in water-using appliances and creates scale buildup. Softened water reduces the attack of hard water on your faucets and pipes.
- Ideal for your face and body: Hard water is harsh on your face and body. You will find that you tend to use a lot of moisturizing lotions and crèmes to soften your skin. Conditioned water leaves your skin feeling cleaner and fresher.
- Wonderful hair: Hard water can contribute to damaged hair. Conditioned water will contribute to manageable, radiant and healthier looking hair. You will also use less shampoo.
Our certified Filters Fast Lifestyle Expert recommends some of the following solutions for tackling your hard water issues:
This resin filter cartridge provides a convenient and cost effective way to soften your water at the exact point of need, using FDA grade softener resin.
This basic cabinet model valve water softener features a brine safety float for convenience and worry-free operation.
This filter cartridge reduces lime, scale build-up, rust staining and corrosion caused by hard water.
We offer a complete line of water filter cartridges and water filter housing units that will be ideal for your residential, commercial or industrial water application. Water softeners require periodic regeneration once their softening capacity has been exhausted. During the regeneration process, water will bypass the softener and subsequently come out hard. Water test kits are a convenient way of testing your water for contaminants. Water softeners should not be used to treat water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection.