To cry or rejoice; I’m not sure, but regardless, the holidays are over. The kids are back in school and I am back to work. The hectic schedule that is life as a working mom resumes. This year, one of my resolutions is to simplify… streamline, if you will. I would like to be able to accomplish the same amount of tasks more effectively and more efficiently.
I’ll admit that I am somewhat on the right track being a “Type A” personality, as my husband likes to call it, though I prefer “organized.” For example:
- I thoroughly enjoy making lists and checking things off. (Organized!)
- I’ve begun carpooling to and from my son’s school. (Saves time AND gas!)
- I plan out what I will be cooking AT LEAST two weeks (sometimes more) in advance. This way I don’t have to waste mental energy trying to decide what to make or waste time and gas making multiple trips to the grocery store. (Possibly a little over the top, but hey, it does save time!)
Now that I’ve got that stuff mastered, I am going to try to implement new strategies into my plan. For starters, I plan to do more on-line shopping. This is a proven time and money saver and you cannot beat the convenience factor, which let’s face it; convenience is a pretty big deal in our busy lives. Shopping on-line not only offers convenience, but it also offers you the opportunity to compare prices, shop from the widest variety and can offer great discounts not found in traditional stores… all with a few clicks on your keyboard!
Once you find easy to use, reliable sites for your online shopping, the time and money saved will add up quickly. I happen to work for a company that is a great example of this: Filters Fast. As a busy mom, I know how it is easy to overlook certain household maintenance tasks such as replacing refrigerator and air filters. Air filters, for example, need to be replaced every 3 months, refrigerator filters every 6 – 12 months. At FiltersFast.com, you can sign up for Auto Delivery! No more trying to remember when you need to replace the filters, what size you need etc. Instead, you will receive a reminder email, details included, informing you that your order is on its way! An additional advantage to using Auto Delivery is that you will automatically receive a 5% discount!
Did you know you can buy groceries online also? A lot of the larger grocery store chains now offer online shopping. How convenient is that? There might be a small surcharge involved, but the time you save is invaluable.
Here are the general steps:
- Go to the site, pick out your groceries, and pay (via credit or debit card).
- The store pulls your chosen items and packages them for you.
- Select a time you wish to pick them up. The store will have them waiting curbside when you arrive.
There are many things we can do to simplify our busy lives with a little advance planning. I plan to do more online shopping this year. Go ahead and knock some items off of your “To Do List” such as ordering your replacement air and water filters from FiltersFast.com. The convenience of Auto Delivery at Filters Fast cannot be beat. Let’s streamline, get organized, save money and most importantly, save time; our most precious commodity!
Please visit FiltersFast.com for more information on the super time saving Auto Delivery option!