Should I use a humidifier?
Humidifiers have many benefits to the health and wellness of your family. There are 5 main benefits to having a humidifier.
- Maintain your health: Did you know that one of the perfect breeding grounds for viruses that cause cold and flu symptoms is dry air? Humidifiers make it easy to maintain an ideal humidity level in the home, making it one of the most overlooked preventative measures against getting sick during the winter.
- Valuable for your home: Low indoor humidity causes wood flooring to dry out, separate and crack, wood furniture to crack and split, and wallpaper to peel. Chances are you put valuable dollars towards these household items and would like to see them last as long as possible without getting damaged.
- Saves you money: A little known fact about dry air: it feels cooler than humidified air. The colder you feel during the winter, the more likely you are to run your furnace. Conversely, the warmer you feel, the less likely you are to run the furnace. This saves you money.
- Helps you sleep better: One of the most well-known benefits of humidifiers is snoring relief. Due to the humidity moisturizing the respiratory system, the loudness and intensity of snoring is greatly reduced. Even more so, moist air keeps mucus membranes from becoming dry which is a primary reason for sore throat and stuffy nose. It also helps babies sleep better as well. Humidified air can reduce dust and the drying of the air passages. A baby will sleep better in a humidified environment.
- Benefits your skin: Dry air is often one of the main culprits for dry skin. Proper indoor humidity can prevent and relieve scratchy and dry skin.
Having a humidifier in your home is beneficial for you and everyone living in the house. When it comes to purchasing a humidifier, always look to see what benefits it will provide for you and/or your family. Over the years, humidifiers from Crane have left our customers the most satisfied.
The Drop Shape Crane Humidifier (available in a variety of colors) provides relief for symptoms associated with the flu, colds, and coughs. The indoor moisture it will provide for your home makes it easier to breathe, provides relief of nasal congestion, sinus irritation and other issues. The Crane Drop Shape is made for room sizes up to 250 square feet and has an adjustable mist output so it can be set at the settings most comfortable for you.
For children, we suggest the Starry Night Humidifier by Vicks. It produces cool moisture for medium-sized rooms so your child can experience easier breathing and a better nights rest. It features two output settings for a customized operation, is useful for cold and cough relief, and helps with respiratory and congestion issues. The Starry Night Projector (independently controlled) transforms an ordinary room into a starry night sky that is sure to bring delightment to your child.
We also offer humidifiers from Honeywell, Holmes, Vicks and more. Check out our list of portable home humidifiers for a list of all the humidifiers that will be right for your home.