Thread: Best Water Filter System For Retaining Minerals

Tim
    Tim is offline Junior Member

Smile Best Water Filter System For Retaining Minerals

I have an R/O System that does a good job of stripping the water and turning it into dead water. ( So I have been told ) I want to switch it out with a series of filters to include 1 micron sediment--carbon block--ceramic--and GAC. ( Not necessarily in that order ) I am on well water and have only the usual suspects in the water. ( Nitrates etc. No extreme amounts ). My water is moderately hard. Should I still get the source water after the softner--or leave the full dose of minerals before filtering? I just want the water to be as close to its natural state as possible without running it through too many processes. Any advice on this subject will be appreciated. P.S.--I have already tried remineralizing after the R/O filter--calcite was good for neutralizing the higher PH water but did not add back all the natural minerals. )

NH Master is offline Senior Member

Give us a breakdown on the water conditions. Hardness, nitrates, iron, mag etc.

Tim
    Tim is offline Junior Member

I dont have the exact numbers on the hardness etc. My last water test was about 7 years ago and I am due for another. I can test for PH-Nitrates-Hardness etc. with a test kit from the store. I would rather have a more in depth testing for chemicals but it cost too much. I know that the first step is to test the water to find out what I need to remove, so I will do this and repost the results. Thanks

Smile Waiting for test results

Hello Tim,

As NH mentioned about things you should keep in mind...i am waiting for your test results so after that i can write something to solve your problem exactly...

Waiting for the results of hardness...