Thread: Garden Filter For Drinking Water???

Default Garden Filter For Drinking Water???

I know the product is not supposed to be used as an indoor water filtration system but if you attach it to a garden hose outside, the water coming into the hose has chlorine and has been filtered already, like the water coming out of your kitchen sink, so this filter just filters out the chlorine and then if my kids drink from it, it seems OK since the other things the filter does not filter out should already be filtered out (of course assuming that the water is good quality regulated water). Right?

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Default Garden Filter vs Drinking Water Filter

Quote Originally Posted by FiltersFastEmailQuestions
    I know the product is not supposed to be used as an indoor water filtration system but if you attach it to a garden hose outside, the water coming into the hose has chlorine and has been filtered already, like the water coming out of your kitchen sink, so this filter just filters out the chlorine and then if my kids drink from it, it seems OK since the other things the filter does not filter out should already be filtered out (of course assuming that the water is good quality regulated water). Right?
    The Rainshow'r Gard'n Gro system will remove 85% of the chlorine from your water, while a regular drinking water system will remove approx 95-100% of the chlorine. Your children can certainly drink the water from the filtered hose water, but just realize that they will still be digesting at least 15% of the chlorine, in the water as well as other contaminants that could possibly be in your water. Including but not limited to VOC, cysts (Giardia & Cryptosporidium), lead, ect...

We sell many affordable and efficient drink water systems. Here are links to a few:

AP Easy Cyst-FF
    CBF1
    Brita AquaView
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

Rodney is offline Junior Member

Default A toddler drinking lead and bacteria from your garden hose?

Who is this guy, yea I know.

Water filters for potable water may contain silver or what evers to kill the bacterial growth which will soon accumulate with out it. Bacteria is present in even chlorinated water, and it is especially high in the summer months. Bacteria that is resistant to chlorination is nothing to play with. A non potable water filter will not have anti bacterial agents. The question then may be, which and how much bacteria is growing in the porous charcoal medium and how bad is bad. Secondly of great concern is the fact that garden hoses usually have high amount of lead because it is made out of vinyl and lead is a good stabilizer for it, cheep but it works. Vinyl hoses are made of an amalgamation of lead with a mix of chemicals with names like Diisononyl phthalate, Phthalic anhydride or lets just call it "a lot of benzene something something". Now you know why all the toys out of china have lead in them. This is why you need a good water filter because we are all drinking it if we don't filter it. It only takes a very very very , small amount of lead to leave a child totally retarded for the rest of their life. Most of us are retarded to some small degree because of it, and for many it is the only degree. Just because it says only use this filter on municipal water supplies does not mean it doesn't have anti bacterial agents in the filter. This is just because well water can be nothing more then a mud hole next to a pig hole for the manufacture, as he knows nothing about that water source. When designing a filter there must be a base standard for the water supply and there can be none for every well o/water in all states and provinces. We can understand this need when barring in mind that the filter must fist be tested and approved by every single state in the United States before even one little old filter can be placed on one tiny shelf in one itty bitty town in Rhode Island with a $ sign on it.
    I am only talking about what happens after the water goes into the filter after going though a toxic waste dump that we call a garden hose.
    Last edited by Rodney; 01-21-2008 at 07:40 PM.