Thread: Buy or Build a Water Filter?

Jaseyy Guest

Default Buy or Build a Water Filter?

Hi guys, recently I moved into a new house and the tap water doesn't taste very good at all. I've been looking at articles which say you shouldn't waste money on water jugs, blah blah blah.. and then other sites say it's better to get a water filtering system?

I'm not too low on funds, what would you recommend? Build or just flat out buy one?

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by rscardigno; 11-23-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Alex is offline Senior Member

Default Water system

For consistent quality and tested filters I would recommend purchasing a filter system. You may not need anything elaborate but it will be designed and tested to be used for your application.

Are you try to filter whole house (POE - Point of entry) or just for drinking (POU - Point of use)?

Thumbs up Water Filtration FL

Hello Friend,

It's good to experiment or try yourself to build a water filtration system but some points you should keep in mind before you are going to build your system,the problem comes when you going to maintain it...when your system get problem you have to give your own time because other maintenance providing companies may not know the whole functionality of your system & sometime it may become costly to you when you going to buy parts for your system...