Thread: Product to sell

rdcast is offline Junior Member

Default Product to sell

Iím an experienced salesman who wants to sell drinking water purification solutions to NY residents. Full featured RO systems are most appealing to me, though Iím having problems finding a manufacturer to enter a business relationship with me. Is it possible for me to buy all the components of such a purification system to assemble myself and then sell it to the public?

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rdcast
    Is it possible for me to buy all the components of such a purification system to assemble myself and then sell it to the public?
    Yes, of course. Always check with local building codes and availability of products and parts. Be prepared to service what you sell and set up a business. Happens all the time.

What is your sales experience?

Are you trying to introduce a particular brand or model to a local market, or have a specific design with separate components that makes it 'full featured'?

What kinds of contacts have you made so far to introduce your plan/product?

Is the 'NY' NY, NY--- or upcountry somewhere? A bit different, no?

Above all else, always stand by your work, deal straight with people and take the water treamtent industry seriously. There are many questionable products and practices out there.

Drinking water--all water--is becoming more and more precious to people and many are taking a keen interest in it. Knowing what your product can't do is as important as what it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy CWS
    Yes, of course. Always check with local building codes and availability of products and parts. Be prepared to service what you sell and set up a business. Happens all the time.
    Thank you, I need to learn about what components I need and how to construct them as a unit for the offerings I intend to promote.

What is your sales experience?
    This and that, till finally Locations General Manger over the five NY boroughs and Long Island, from Queens to the East Hamptons for Schwanís Home Service(grand slam pacer).

Are you trying to introduce a particular brand or model to a local market, or have a specific design with separate components that makes it 'full featured'?
    RO/deionizer/UV/softener(infuser)

What kinds of contacts have you made so far to introduce your plan/product?
    The Water Quality Association and various resellers/OEMís. I mainly have been studying what I would want for drinking water, living as I do in Long Island, NY. Lest I forget, Iíve befriended an accomplished electrical engineer, who has specialized in the molecular dynamics of water, as it applies to advanced manufacturing techniques. We communicate over a closed forum. We relate how accommodating(structured) strands of water molecules are comparable to DNA strands.

Is the 'NY' NY, NY--- or upcountry somewhere? A bit different, no?
    True, Metropolitan NY is the customer base Iíll be working.

Above all else, always stand by your work, deal straight with people and take the water treamtent industry seriously. There are many questionable products and practices out there.
    Thank you, Iím intense with the subject of water and I love helping those I serve. Iím at a stage in my life, the only things that truly matter has to be charitable at heart.

Drinking water--all water--is becoming more and more precious to people and many are taking a keen interest in it. Knowing what your product can't do is as important as what it can.
    I understand the trend, having noticed it in my own mind-set.

Along with my lowly HM COM-100 TDS meter, Iím purchasing an eXact Micro 7+ Standard Kit to post some 40 parameters found in the water of local Churches across Nassau County to start with, so visitors may click on a flag to discover what their water might be like, quality wise that is. Unique and appropriate .com domain names are hard to come by, tho I did manage to pickup WantPureWater.com(under construction)

Iím now convinced, my best approach is to custom design my own unit, with the highest quality components that are readily available. It is necessary to find a description of the 4 components I mentioned above and how they are configured and implemented. Then, with personal experience, Iíll better know how to promote it.

Any assistance?
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by oemtds
    Im not sure if you are interested in our product which is used on commercial
    RO systems.
    http://filter.filtersfast.com/search...sug=&view=list
    Iíll certainly look into it, thank you for stepping up and making yourself known.

Robert

imaginu25 Guest

you can take a look at of this dealer, they are rated #1 filtration system in America.
    http://www.filtersfast.com/
    Last edited by Andy CWS; 01-05-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginu25
    you can take a look at of this dealer, they are rated #1 filtration system in America.
    http://www.filtersfast.com/
    Of course Iíve been considering you(FilterFast.com) as a supplier. Do you offer wholesale pricing for businesses? Please use my email. But how do I attain schematics to aid me in construction? Iím sooo anxious to develop my first product to sell. Selling is my forte, but very inventive as well. Just need sound direction.

Default How do I configure filtration systems to suit customer needs?

In determining a customerís filtration need, I obviously need to be able to adjust the offering.

There is the highly stringent solution of reverse osmosis filtration, which tends to strip most everything from water, bad and good. This falls in the category of distillers. Then there is the pre-filters component, found dangling beneath the RO membrane housing, with their filtering abilities indicated by the number of stages. Also, we have deionizers and UV filters, not to mention water softeners and mineral infusers. The last two, are seemingly similar in nature.

If a customer doesnít need the reverse osmosis membrane, can that be removed to sell them, at a lower price, the multistage pre-filters component? Or perhaps, the multistage pre-filter component, with a UV filter on top? And what about the so-called deionizers, where do they come in, who carries them and how are they implemented?

Am I seeing this right, or am I confusing what can be done with these components and configurations?