Thread: Suitable Filter for 3.5 x 10'' chamber?

damobiggs is offline Junior Member

Post Suitable Filter for 3.5 x 10'' chamber?

Hi all

I'm currently using a ultrasonic cleaner with a recirculation system in place. I'm looking to start filtering the water to remove particulates, the smallest of which would be ~1mm in size. The chamber is 3.5 x 10'', filtering water at 1.6 gpm at 70C (160F). I'm unsure if the filter is to exactly fit the chamber or leave a gap for water to flow around as I can't locate a 3.5'' OD filter anywhere. Any and all help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by damobiggs
    Hi all

I'm currently using a ultrasonic cleaner with a recirculation system in place. I'm looking to start filtering the water to remove particulates, the smallest of which would be ~1mm in size. The chamber is 3.5 x 10'', filtering water at 1.6 gpm at 70C (160F). I'm unsure if the filter is to exactly fit the chamber or leave a gap for water to flow around as I can't locate a 3.5'' OD filter anywhere. Any and all help would be appreciated
    it is more better to leave a gap for flow.

damobiggs is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Water Filtration FL
    it is more better to leave a gap for flow.
    Would this not cause the water to enter through the inlet, flow around the filter, and exit through the outlet without filtering the water?