Thread: Hello all new here with a question.

Rayzorblades is offline Junior Member

Default Hello all, new here with a question.

After using the search function I couldn't find what I wanted so I thought I'd ask.

I'm new to water filters, but chlorinated water has started to give me heartburn.

I found chlorine-free locally bottled water and it seems to be the only water I can drink without pain, but it's expensive at 2 bucks a bottle. Are there any filters on the market with 100% Chlorine filtration? Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Rayzorblades; 02-14-2008 at 02:31 PM.

dugawug is offline Junior Member

If I were you, I'd go to the NSF website to find a filter that is certified to remove chlorine. You can do a search here: http://www.nsf.org/Certified/DWTU/

Also, I'd recommend you check your local water quality report. If they don't have it online, call them. Find out how much free chlorine there is versus chloramine. Much of the water these days is actually treated with chloramines which are a more stable compound than free chlorine, and don't bind as easy to other organic matter in the water, making them a better choice for water companies. Unfortunately for us, they don't seem as easy to remove. Once you know how much chloramine you have, you should also find a filter that definitely removes that as well.

Good luck.