Thread: frigidaire water valve 240531101 problems after replacing ice maker and water valve

gt2003 is offline Junior Member

Default frigidaire water valve 240531101 problems after replacing ice maker and water valve

My old frigidaire icemaker 241627701 was not completing the dump cycle for the ice so I bought the replacement maker 5303918344. It installed with no problems and the connecter could only install one way so that was easy. Next, my water valve 240531101 was leaking so I replaced it also. Everything is color coded so not a big deal on hooking up the replacement. The only difference is that the old one used compression fittings (i think) and the new one just uses push on fittings. I reconnected the water but no water is being sent to the ice maker or the water in the door of the refrigerator. Any ideas?

The only possible thing I see is the electrical connections to the water valve. Do they need to be oriented in a specific way? They are just push on, 2 prong connections that will go on in either direction, up or down. They are color coded also so I know they are on correctly.

I wish I could hook up the old water valve but since I cut off the old v-shaped plastic end pieces, that's not an option. Please help me with any advice you might have. P.S. - I did disconnect the water in-line and make sure the valve is getting water, it is! Also, when I disconnect the water supply and all the hoses, reconnect them all and push the in-door water dispenser, the whole valve shakes so I know there is something going on, I just don't know what.

KristynT Guest

It's hard to say what could be the issue. I would take a look at the appliance manual for your specific model and ensure everything matches up to the wiring diagram, etc. (You should be able to find the manual on Frigidaire's website if needed.) If that doesn't help it sounds like it may, unfortunately, require calling in a professional.

gt2003 is offline Junior Member

Well, I re-read the directions, watched the youtube video and everything I did was right. I was lucky enough to stumble onto some information somewhere that said it could take up to 24 hours for ice to be made after replacing the valve. I just couldn't understand why there was no water to the door. Well, I still don't understand the water thing but the good news is that when I came home from work 24 hrs after replacing it, the water was working and the ice maker had made some ice. You'd think they would mention that in their directions. It's worked flawlessly since. It's nice to have it working again!

KristynT Guest

That is good news! And that's good information for anyone else who might run into this same problem so thank you for sharing. Glad everything is working again for you

Korymcn is offline Member

I am glad everything worked out for you!