Thread: Need to get a Drinking Water Filtration system with 1.5 GPM min

TXCLEANICE is offline Junior Member

Default Need to get a Drinking Water Filtration system with 1.5 GPM min

I am starting a Ice Distribution business. Lots of learning in my future.

I have a commercial Ice Machine at the house now and I am looking for the right Drinking Water Filtration System to connect to my ice machine to get great quality ice (and water to drink around the house - two stoned birds.. that kind of thing : ] )

I have thought about purchasing a Reverse Osmosis system but not sure if that is the right set up..

Andy CWS is offline Moderator
    Port Clinton, Ohio, United States

First of all, congratulations for being enterprising.

One must be careful when deciding to choose a water treatment for icemakres as many commercial icemakers discourage (or avoid) using reverse osmosis as a preliminary treatment process.

Always check with manufacturer's recommendations before going to the expense of installing equipment only to find out that it won't work. Sometimes a micro-filtration with carbon filters may be better.

There are a couple of ways to make ice cubes and commercial methods are different than your typical icemaker in the fridge.

What volumes of ice are you expecting to produce on a daily basis?
    What water conditions do you currently have?

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

meganq is offline Junior Member

hey i am very happy upon your decision of using water filter system in home...water filter system is very necessary....because many water supplies contain chlorine.Thats not good for our health....

water filters[/URL]
    Last edited by Andy CWS; 10-03-2010 at 05:49 PM.