Thread: Replace filter

clock1997 is offline Junior Member

Default Replace filter

Hi all

I installed a 5" Slim Line Housing 3/8" CLEAR/BLUE, w/PR in my kitchen last year and I would like to replace the filter. I did press the pressure release button but still I cannot open the housing. (I held the bottle and turned it clockwise)

http://filter.filtersfast.com/search...20Housing&rk=1

Any advice for me?

Many thanks
    Last edited by Andy CWS; 12-15-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

My guess is it was tightened with a wrench when put on. This over-tightens it and makes if very difficult to remove. It can still be removed but may take some additional force or leverage.

Is the plumbing plastic, or copper, or....?

Do not use vasoline or any petroleum product to 'lubricate' the threads. This just makes it worse by swelling the o-ring. When all else fails, it may have to be cut off and replaced. Hopefully, that is not the case.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Focus Filtration Ltd is offline Junior Member

Over tightening is a common problem however it can be easly over come normaly by the use of a proper sump removal spanner.
    Once removed I would also suggest you check on the O-ring as well, as this can be something that is over looked.
    If you require any further assistance or pricing on the replacments then please feel free to get in touch.