Thread: rv water filters

chaso is offline Junior Member

Default rv water filters

Hi, I have a 2011 Rockwood Trailer,it has a Hydro Life carbon block filter that measures 9 x 3/4" inches from top rubber seal to bottom seal and 2x 7/8" inches. Do you sell an equivalent Filter and if so, what is the price. Thankyou for any info. Chaso.

Alex is offline Senior Member

Default Hydro Life carbon filter

Hydro Life makes many standard filters which can come: Length: 9 3/4" and Width: 2 7/8".

You can use the Pentek CCBC-10 replacement filter. This will work in the same standard 10" filter housing.

Eric55 is offline Junior Member

Well i have also used Rockwood Trailer and it has carbon block filter that measures 9 x 3/4" inches from top to bottom seal 2 x 7/8" inches, same as chaso used. Well i think Pentek CCBC-10 would also be a good filter replacement. I have checked the link it is nice.
    Last edited by Andy CWS; 06-04-2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: no spam
    Eric55

american eagle is offline Junior Member

I am looking to replace two water filters on my motorhome r.v.- One is for dirt etc. coming from the water line of the campground. The second would be for any bacteria / germs etc. also coming in through the water supply from the campground. Could someone tell me if the kxmatrikx + cto2 carbon block (32-250-125-975)would be right for the bacteria, & if the omnifilter (rs1-ds) 2 pack pleated paper filters are right for the dirt etc. in the water line?? Please advise, and I thank you. (American eagle)

Alex is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you have standard 10" x 2.5" drop-in style filters? You can use the RS1-DS that you mentioned but you may want to use a synthetic filter instead, just in case the campground uses well water.

Use the Watts pleated WPC5-975;

http://www.filtersfast.com/P-Watts-5...ent-Filter.asp

The KX Matrikx is a good filter, but not for Bacteria. For a cartridge of this size, you would need the Doulton Ceramic OBE filter to filter small enough for bacteria. The pressure resistence with ceramic is very high and you may notice some pressure drop.

http://www.filtersfast.com/P-Doulton...OBE-Filter.asp

Hope this helps!