Thread: need in line filter for dishwasher

awinberg is offline Junior Member

Default need in line filter for dishwasher

We have very very hard water and have severe buildup on dishes. We only want to filter the dishwasher. Have room under the sink for an inline filter. Thanks.
    We have since found a combination that works on our water. Lemi Shine and Palmolive Gel Dishwasher detergent and the detergent is green - good for our environment! Thanks for your time. My dishes are getting cleaner and the sediment is even coming off of the glasses that has built up!
    Last edited by awinberg; 04-03-2009 at 07:14 AM.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

A 'filter' will not work at removing hardness. There is a hot-water softener (up to 160d) that is designed for dishwashers and can filt under the sink in most cases.

Any reason why not to treat the whole house?

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

awinberg is offline Junior Member

Default inline filter for dishwasher only

Cost mostly and we would have to hire someone to install the unit. We don't have the iron discoloration but film builds up quickly in the shower, around faucets, those I can handle with cleaning. It is the dishwasher I can't seem to get a handle on putting a couple tablespoons of clorox in helps but we have our own septic system so that is not the way to go. I have checked into whole house filters and really would like to go that way if it were feasable. What is the one that can go under the sink? Thanks.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by spedjoy
    well it was the first time I've heard about this Lemi Shine and Palmolive Gel Dishwasher detergent.
    That will be fine if it is environment friendly.

ultrafiltration systems- http://www.wellspringwatersystems.co...s/waterbox-100
    Oh kenjoy, give it a rest. you can't just come back and start spamming under another name...