Thread: Model # 4396508 comapred to Reverse Osmosis

UpgradingMyHome is offline Junior Member

Post Model # 4396508 comapred to Reverse Osmosis

I was curious what everyone thought about the Aqua Fresh WF285 compared to the Whirlpool Deluxe Filter 4396508? The price difference isn't really that much but if I'm going to save a buck is it worth it going with the WF285? As well as both compared to a reverse osmosis filter...

Any advice given is thanked in advance
    Last edited by rscardigno; 04-04-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Alex is offline Senior Member

Default 4396508 Upgrade

The WF285 is a compatible filter that is designed to replace the Whirlpool 4396508.

If you are looking for a filter upgrade, you can use the Whirlpool 4396510. This filter looks identical to the 4396508 but is certified to remove more contaminants.

Reverse osmosis is a different level of filtration. It is a series of filters in which will remove dissolved solids from the water. Carbon filters (4396508, WF285, etc.) doesn't use a membrane like the RO does to accomplish this.

UpgradingMyHome is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the info Alex...

Gotcha... I think we're going to go get a new fridge this week and put the current one in the garage so I'll have to see what we get before figuring out which filter to use. Should the fridge already come with a filter?

Alex is offline Senior Member

Default Refrigerator Filter

Yes, many refrigerators come with filters built-in.

Check to be sure that it comes with a filter, it is a good question to ask when purchasing.