Thread: Kenmore 253 model

saintraj is offline Junior Member

Angry Kenmore 253 model

I have that Kenmore, which I understand is made by Frigidaire. My "Lock" button light went on, which I was told means I need to replace the filter (the WF1CB or 9910 part number) , which I did recently. The problem is that the "Lock" light continues to come back on any time I open the freezer. It is VERY annoying because any time you want water or ice, you have to hold the lock button down for 5 seconds before it will turn the lights green.

I have read every "reset your filter light" FAQ I can find, and they all say to press the "reset" button for up to 15 seconds. The problem is... this fridge does not HAVE a reset button that I can find, just the "Lock" button! I have also tried every button combination from the FAQ's to see if that solved it. No luck.

Any suggestions, please?

Thank you!

Raj
    saintraj@hotmail.com

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Default Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by saintraj
    I have that Kenmore, which I understand is made by Frigidaire. My "Lock" button light went on, which I was told means I need to replace the filter (the WF1CB or 9910 part number) , which I did recently. The problem is that the "Lock" light continues to come back on any time I open the freezer. It is VERY annoying because any time you want water or ice, you have to hold the lock button down for 5 seconds before it will turn the lights green.

I have read every "reset your filter light" FAQ I can find, and they all say to press the "reset" button for up to 15 seconds. The problem is... this fridge does not HAVE a reset button that I can find, just the "Lock" button! I have also tried every button combination from the FAQ's to see if that solved it. No luck.

Any suggestions, please?

Thank you!

Raj
    saintraj@hotmail.com
    Hi Raj,

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your refrigerator. My suggestion would be to call the customer service # in your refrigerator manual. If you don't have the number I would suggest calling Frigidaire directly (1 (800) 374-4432) with your model number to see if they can provide any assistance. You may end up needed service on your refrigerator.
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458