Thread: water filter

runnergirl Guest

Default water filter

I've been having a real problem with my ice smelling like garlic. I can't quite figure out the cause of it, we've tried putting a box of baking soda in the fridge, I was thinking maybe it had something to do with my ,does anyone have any input?
    Last edited by Andy CWS; 11-02-2011 at 05:15 AM.

SNRote is offline Junior Member

I had a similar issue but more with taste than with the smell. Do you have extremely hard water? We do. We have to change our refrigerator water filter at least every other month. 1) It helps keep the water lines flowing (because we have had them lime up and had to have replaced) and 2) it majorly helps with the taste of our ice & water coming from the fridge.

dee911 is offline Junior Member

Cool Problem may be solved.....

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    I've been having a real problem with my ice smelling like garlic. I can't quite figure out the cause of it, we've tried putting a box of baking soda in the fridge, I was thinking maybe it had something to do with my ,does anyone have any input?
    After having no luck with this same problem, it looks like the problem isn't the filter, it's a water reservoir problem. It is pretty common apparently and if you have someone who's handy, they might be able to repair it themselves.
    Last edited by Alex; 10-30-2013 at 02:55 PM.

BarneyC is offline Junior Member

I wish there was an easy way to clean the ice trays in my fridge. I can remove the ice tub that holds the ice and dispenses it in the door dispenser but the actual metal trays of the ice machine don't seem to be able to be removed. Does anyone know how to remove them or clean them?
    Barney - renovating the kitchen

Alex is offline Senior Member

Unfortunately, the ice trays in an icemaker are not designed to be removed. You would be better to take the ice maker unit out of the freezer to clean it or replace the whole unit.

Whirlpool makes a special freezer deodorizer that is 50 times more powerful than baking soda.

They make a deodorizer for refrigerator odors as well:

http://www.filtersfast.com/P-Whirlpo...Air-Filter.asp