Thread: Leaks with new filter

mrdbarnes is offline Junior Member

Default Leaks with new filter

I replaced my Kitchen-Aid Refrigerator water filter with a "premium" replacement (Purchased 6 replacements) The process is simple, and have done it prior with OEM filters. Upon changing to the replacement filter, I later discovered a slow leak, which unfortunately leaked all night and soaked my kitchen. I shut off the water supply and removed the filter, checking for any obvious defects or impediments. I tried again and had the same result, even when I changed to another new filter. I checked again, and the filter IS listed as a replacement for my unit. I had heard some talk about a drop in water line pressure preventing a good seat of the filter, but have had no confirmation on that. There was no leaking prior...Any suggestions?

Alex is offline Senior Member

First you may need to make sure that the oring(s) on the filter are not dry and are lubricated. Any silicone o-ring lubricant should work.

If you had installed a new filter that leaked, and then installed a different filter that had the same result, it may be due to the filter housing that is worn and may need to be replaced.

What is the refrigerator model number?