Thread: GE FQROPF Reverse Osmosis Pre- and Post- Filters

Default GE FQROPF Reverse Osmosis Pre- and Post- Filters

Dear Filters Fast:
    I have a GE Reverse Osmosis Filtration System, model #PNRQ15F. I need to change the membrane, the pre-filter, and the post-filter. The model number for the membrane is FQROMF and the model number for the pre- and post- filters are FQROPF. The old filters I'm replacing specify that one is a Pre-filter and one is a Post-filter. I know this because it is stamped on the filters themselves. However, when I ordered my replacement filters from you, both of the filters look identical and neither states which filter goes where. Did you send me the wrong thing?

Meghan is offline Member

Default GE Reverse Osmosis Pre- and Post- Filter

The older version of the GE FQROPF did stamp which filter was the Pre-filter and which one was the Post-filter. The old filters were different because each filter had a different Micron level, and therefore, went in a certain order. GE has since upgraded these filters. Both filters are the same .5-1 Micron level and made of the same media. They are identical. This allows you to put the filters in either position and they will work the same.