Thread: GE RO system gxrm10g

gccch is offline Junior Member

Default GE RO system gxrm10g

Hi,

]I have the above system for a few years, and have recently replaced the RO membrane, and both pre and post filters. Now we notice a taste to the water, and a precipitate in the ice cubes.

I'm not sure I have the two lines running through the membrane canister installed correctly. I'm afraid I may have switched them, but when I try reversing them I get a pulsing of the water, as pressure builds then is released. Reversing these two lines results in no noise, and seemingly normal operation. We also have much more volume of water with the new filters and membrane.

It would be great if someone could post a pic of which line is supply and waste for the RO canister. The 'product' line is at the other end so I could not have mixed that up. The manual is surprisingly weak in identifying these lines.

Any other ideas?

PSWP1020 is offline Junior Member

Smile GXRM10G GE 3 Stage R O

Im not sure if you have seen this; but here is a link that shows the tubing pretty clearly.
    Hope it helps if not post again I will have a tech answer you back....

http://products.geappliances.com/App...&Sku=GXRM10GBL

Thanks, but this did not show the other end of the RO canister which is where the errpr has occurred.

I did try reversing the connections and the water tastes way better. But now the filter is using water constantly. When the tank is full it should stop using water, right? It's running way too much water down the drain. I do have the flow control on the black waste tubing.

bump please