Thread: Culligan AC-30

Doug Bauer is offline Junior Member

Question Culligan AC-30

I have an AC-30 RO system. About 3 months ago delivery of water slowed to a short burst followed by a steady trickle. Finally got around to changing the filters. I thought maybe they got clogged. Same thing, short burst followed by a trickle. Any ideas on what my problem is?

Default Might have the answer

Well a lot of folks looked but no input. Spoke to a friend, he suggested the bladder in the storage tank is terminal. Culligan wants $180 for a new one. When I went to pick one up my local dealer spoke about the warranty, the AC 30 is warranteed for life. Problem is I bought it in CA and now live in FL. Waiting to hear back from the CA dealer as the FL dealer can't do anything. I'll update my adventure as maybe it'll help someone.

Default Finally

The local Culligan dealer agreed to replace my storage tank under warranty. When I took the old tank in the service guy asked if it had any air. I replied I don't know as there is a warning not to do anything with the schrader valve on the bottom. He, laughed, checked the valve. If water comes out it is junk, even though the tank was full of water. Next he tried to pump it up using a bicycle pump. It would not take any air, which is when he declared it bad. They gave me the new tank and the system works fine once again. BTW, he said the tank should have 7 or 8 lbs. of air in it, so if your system slows down you might want to check. Also the dealer here in Clearwater is a rip-off. Besides not being forth coming with the warrantty info they sell the 2 gal. tank for $180. The dealer in CA. where I bought the system sells a tank for $85.

Robbia is offline Junior Member

Hello

I had a simular problem, but I can pump my tank up, how do I set the pressure. Currently the tank isn't connected to anything. Should I just open the valve on the top of the tank and pump it up to 8lb's? Or should I connect everything up, then set it for 8 lbs?

Thanks for the help.

You can pump it up installed or on the floor/work bench. Which ever is easier.

Oh yeah, the Culligan guy checked mine in the shop. He was just verifying it was bad before they gave me a new one. Yep 8 lbs.