Thread: GE system troubles - damaged RO?

gccch is offline Junior Member

Default GE system troubles - damaged RO?

Hello,

I have a GE mode. GXRM10G system. It had been working well for a few years. Finally got to changing the filters and also the RO cartridge. I must not have re-assembled the lines properly to the RO cartridge. As soon as it was reconnected the pressure was much greater, and the flow through waste seemed to be constant and at a higher rate. I had trouble figuring out which port was for waste and which was for the input. I've tried it back and forth with no solution.

Could I have caused the cartridge to fail with too high pressure being forced through it?

Does the water flow straight through the cartridge with the cleaned water going out the other end? And the waste then flows out to the chamber and down the waste drain? Obviously, I am guessing what the proper flow is. The manual is of little help.

gccch is offline Junior Member

THe manual states the flow control goes in the black waste line. I'm sure I've had that in the wrong space at least once.

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

If you don't have the flow restrictor on the drain line coming off of the membrane you will have constant and unrestricted flow to the drain. Not good if you're paying for your water and it will result in poor quality drinking water.