Culligan H-5 Aqua Kleer RO
My system has a sediment filter, RO membrane and a Charcoal filter. The RO membrane housing has three connections on top. I've purchased the
tfm-16-c membrane which I was told was the replacement part for my system. This membrane has one connection on each end. I was told to put the replacement part (tfm-16-c) into the housing. The original Culligan membrane was slipped on to a hard plastic tube which is attached to one of the three connections built into the housing cap.
When I tried to slip the new replacement part on to the tube , it went in and stopped after 3''. There's a circuliar ridge at thsat point. Yet the original membrane passed right through.
I would appreciate the help in knowing how I can make this "Culligan compatible membrane" work.
I do have a photo of my system if that would help. Thanks Rob
May have solved the problem.
Thanks Andy, I agree with you. Culligan likes to sell a service contract and I think they designed my unit so I'd have to rely on them. I once bought filters from them, but they were reluctent to sell them to me. I also paid what I felt was a high price. Companies like 'filtersfast.com offer the do-it yourselfers toa chance to fix their own repairs and at a fair price. I paid 3x the amount for the Culligan filter then I did for the compatible one. Yes, the compatible was a problem for my system. Well, Almost, I think.
The little ridge was only about 1/16th of an inch thick. This ridge just narrowed the hole a little and you can still see through it..The hard tube of my unit passed easily through both sides of the filter, only to stop at that ridge. I gently drilled through it, widening it at that point to match the rest of the opening. I just finished putting it all together and running the system to clean the filters of chemicals. I'll know in two hours if I was successful
My next purchase will be the TDS meter to see if everything is working properly.
Thanks again for responding to my dilemma. Rob