Thread: Reconnecting Kinetico VX system

chase is offline Junior Member

Default Reconnecting Kinetico VX system

I relocated and disconnected my Kinetico VX system with quick flow tank about 6 months ago to do some remodeling. Everything has become separated. Unfortunately, I can't remember what once seemed obvious, where the hoses go. Do the numbers on the quick flow tank correspond to the numbers on the filter. On the tank, #3 is labelled drn. #2 has no label. #1 says feed, and #5 says tank. A #6 says signal. Does that go to the faucet?

On the filters, #3 says WPT drn; #4 says drn; #5 says tank; #1 says WPT feed; #2 says WPT PROD. Is my assumption right that #1 WPT feed hooks up to #1 feed on the tank. #2 WPT PROD hooks up with #2 on the tank with no label. #3 WPT drn hooks up to #3 drn on the tank. #4 on the filter hooks up to the kitchen drain or air gap. #5 on both hooks up. And #6 on tank hooks up to faucet? I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

It is a little confusing but I will try to help.
    On the RO manifold: #1 goes to 1/4" QuickFlo lead and should have a shutoff valve, #2 remains plugged, #3 for QF drain (1/4"), #4 to drain, #5 to tank (3/8").

On the tank: the one on the opposite side goes to the faucet/post filter tee. Between the the post filter and the tee must be a check valve.

Does that help. If not, PM me.

Default ONe more question

Thanks, Andy. That helps tremendously. I have one more question. Underneath the faucet, there is a blue hose coming out of the bottom and I assume that goes to the out on the manifold. But the faucet also has two other ends. One is a 1/4 and the other is a 3/8. Does the #6 on the tank go to the 1/4? If so, what goes to the 3/8? Am I missing the post filter tee? I may have lost it.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

You have an air-gap type faucet and requires some additional lines. I sent you a PM.

Thanks, Andy. I sent you a PM.