Thread: Kinetico GX Low Output

acdame is offline Junior Member

Default Kinetico GX Low Output

I beleive I have a kinetico GX with an air bladder tank that is only outputing 1-2 glasses per day- it is 10 years old. I have recently replaced the 2 pre and post filters. I have recharged the bladder tanks to 7.5 psi. I run on well water with a kinetico softener.

Is there something else that could be causing low output? What should I check/

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

How heavy is the tank? Get a bathroom scale and weight it. The bladder may be shot but it can be replaced. How did you pressurize it? IOW, what steps did you take before putting air in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy CWS View Post
    How heavy is the tank? Get a bathroom scale and weight it. The bladder may be shot but it can be replaced. How did you pressurize it? IOW, what steps did you take before putting air in it?
    I can weigh the tanks tonight. I can tell you that empty they are light. I actually removed the bladder from one tank and tested it and it held water in it without leaking (filled it with water to test).

When I pressurized the tanks I removed them emptied the water (actually pulled the bladder out of one tank). then refilled them to 7.5 psi and reinstalled.

Can the membrane be shot slowing down the flow/production?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy CWS View Post

I weighed both tanks they were 8 lbs empty. Repressurized up to 9psi.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

I was wondering how heavy the tanks were full. water weighs about 8lbs per gallon. This would twll me weather they are filling properly or the bladder was shot.

I think my tanks are shot. Is what is a suitable replacement tanks?

One was light with no water in it and the other was heavy but out of air.

Also the one that was out of air has developed a slimy feel on the inside of the bladder. Dont really trust it to drink out of.