Thread: Kinetico VX02 need to source a RO module. Help me find it.

fordiesel69 is offline Junior Member

Default Kinetico VX02 need to source a RO module. Help me find it.

I need some help obtaining the RO module as it is 5+ yrs old. Water sat it in it un-used for quite a long time and it now smells like eggs. I hate to use it for fear it is unsafe.

My dealer wants to come out and put it in stating it needs special tools, but I already pulled it off in like 2 sec.

Also the dealer has it listed in their system as the wrong system the KRO system. It is actually a VX02 system.

Anybody????

Anyone at all??

I would like to replace this if possible before I reomve the system for somthing else.

I am shocked I am getting zero response. Do I need to include more information?

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

I'm assuming by module you mean membrane? The VX with an air charged tank has no module...as that is a part on the KRO+ units. It could just be a terminology issue? If it is the membrane you want to replace then you do need special tools to take the housing apart. I've never sold any, but they can't be that expensive??? The rotten egg smell should be able to be handled with a sanitizing of the unit. If the TDS check fine after it's sanitized then there's no need to replace the membrane.
    Last edited by pawaterguy; 10-29-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Kinetico made three ROs during that time: K2, KRO plus/plus-deluxe, Purefecta. You may have the K2 model which has no metering device on the top with a small blue pin on the right.

After sitting so long, it is advisable to replace membrane and sanitize it. There is also a sub-assembly holding the membrane which can go bad. It does need a special holding/turning tool to remove the sub-assembly without breaking it.

Andy

Mine does had a blue metering pin on the far right side. I am being told its about a 2007 year.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

You may need to get it serviced to be sure it is up and running as it should be.