Thread: Kinetico GX Bladder

RichB is offline Junior Member

Default Kinetico GX Bladder

I have a Kinetico Reverse Osmosis system with the white bladder tank. The nipple on the top of the tank broke and now the system is useless. Where can I find a replacement for this and can I replace it with another, perhaps better alternative?

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

That piece is replaceable and it is not exclusive to Kinetico. However, most dealers might prefer to sell you a whole tank. Tanks can also be purchased locally at a plumbing supply store (you may need a local plumber with an account there). There are three types of tanks: a steel, sealed tank, a serviceable tank (like you have) and a QuickFlow tank, exclusive to Kinetico. I would get a serviceable tank. If you have the space, opt for a larger one, say a sealed ten-gallon tank. That will give you about 4 gallons of water.

I like serviceable tanks because you can disassemble and sanitize them. If you take yours apart and pull the bladder, you will notice the inside is quite slimy. This is not dangerous but it shows why the carbon post filter is so important to maintain. To clean the bladder, fill it with water and a couple of teaspoons of household, unscented bleach (sodium hypochlorite). Let sit for an hour and rinse thoroughly. Check and repeat if needed.

Andy Christensen
    awc222@yahoo.com

RichB is offline Junior Member

How is one supposed to get the cap off? The one with a nipple on it. It looks to be attached very well.... I wonder if I could get way with simply replacing that cap itself with a new nipple?