Thread: RO system leaks after replacing filters

rmanbike is offline Junior Member

Default RO system leaks after replacing filters

I have a Sears Ultra-Filter 100. The filters needed replacing as the pressure was very low. I replaced the RO membrane and Pre and Post filters. I cleaned and lubricated as instructed in the owners manual. Shortly after it started filling back up with water, it started to leak at both ends of the larger yellow tube that goes between the RO membrane and the storage tank. It never has leaked here before. I reset the fittings, as they are the "push-in" type. The pressure out of the faucet seems normal. I have attached the schematic of this system. Thanks....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alex is offline Senior Member

Hello,

Try removing the tubing by using a tube cutter to cut the end of the tubing off.

This will give you a new surface of tube that may create a better seal.

You may need to replace the quick connect o-ring inside the fitting.

Thanks,
    Alex

rmanbike is offline Junior Member

I was able to purchase a new fitting at Home Depot for the water tank and that fixed the leak their. But still have a small leak at the other end. Not sure where where I can find the o-ring or fitting? I attached the break down of parts, I thinking this maybe be a generic RO system that Sears put their name on. But they stopped selling this some time ago.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alex is offline Senior Member

I am not sure where to look for that small replacement oring. You can try using the silicone oring lubricant that will help make a seal.

You also may be able to reuse one from another fitting. All of the quick connects for the same sized tubing all need to seal the same size tube.

http://www.filtersfast.com/P-Liquifi...ing-Filter.asp