Thread: Need help seting up a RO machine

sparktite is offline Junior Member

Question Need help seting up a RO machine

So i have this like 8 year old reverse osmosis machine from everpure and it looks really expensive, and its hardly ever been used it never worked right with who ever set it up in the kitchen.

So ive been trying to get it working and have no idea where to start.

So then since i have some money i was thinking ill just buy a new one less hassle more trustworthy... but now my predicament is which one to buy for my garden, as well as for drinking. And how will i hook it up to the garden hose faucet i have conveniently next to my plants.

Thanks for any help 8D

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Are you saying you want to set up an RO for gardening and plants? That is not a practical application. Your system would need to be able to produce and store a large number of gallons for use.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

sparktite is offline Junior Member

not really i have a like 30 gallon container and i hardly even use 15 and thats every 3 days its a very small garden, its for drinking and for the garden

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

If your garden is small, then why not use a watering can with spout? Rerouting RO the a faucet not intended for RO water is a plumbing job but not nrecommended due to flow capacities; it will just dribble out.

What is the quality is your water now? That is, have you had your water tested for hardness, iron, TDS etc.? Get a local water treatment professioanl to test your water and make recommendations.

The quality of ROs are often reflected in price. If you are going to use it for drinking, consider a huig quality product as opposed to something cheap off the shelf from a bigbox store.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II