Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions - Kinetico Plus Deluxe VX

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

It's great when solutions are simple and successful.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Investar666 is offline Junior Member

Default 1 gal QuickFlow tank chronic problem

I have the Kinetico Plus VX Deluxe RO sys with 1 gallon QuickFlow tank purchased 4/2005 and it has chronic issues. How do you actually add air to the tank? Mine has a black cap at the bottom that is impossible to remove. It constantly loses pressure. I even had the middle filter membrane replaced and head rebuilt. Still loses pressure. This thing is drivng me crazy. Anyone......please help.

Are you sure you have a 'one-gallon' tank?

There are no air valves because it contains no air. It works off your household water pressure.

I suppose it worked fine before the filter change, right. You may have gotten an air lock in it. But moreover, that model has had some problems with the modulator in the top of the tank. It can be replaced and likely is still under warranty (7 years).

You say 'head rebuilt'. Is that in the RO or the tank.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Investar666 is offline Junior Member

Default Kinetico RO VX Deluxe

I had the 8954C and retrofit head rebuild on the tank and the middle filter in the RO replaced. It is the 1 gall tank (see pic). Also have Mach 2030s, 18x35 brine drum, neutralizer 13x54, and VX deluxe. Use 9309A sediment and 9306B odor filters. Any advice on any of this appreciated. 203-496-0544 is fine too for call. Strange thing is that my father-in-law who has the same set-up said to let about 1.5 gallons come out to purge the system and all the air afterwards. If I leave the RO faucet on.....water will come out until you shut the faucet off. I am not able to empty this tank by leaving it on. It makes water as fast as it flows out. I am not sure if this is supposed to happen. Any advice is greatly appreciately. I am still under a Parts warranty but the labor is not included. I called for a Wednesday service visit and the cost.......$160. Want to avoid that if I can. Again, the system has been used for 5 years.

Cheers,
    Dan

Last edited by Investar666; 05-07-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Investar666
    I had the 8954C and retrofit head rebuild on the tank and the middle filter in the RO replaced. It is the 1 gall tank (see pic). Also have Mach 2030s, 18x35 brine drum, neutralizer 13x54, and VX deluxe. Use 9309A sediment and 9306B odor filters. Any advice on any of this appreciated. 203-496-0544 is fine too for call. Strange thing is that my father-in-law who has the same set-up said to let about 1.5 gallons come out to purge the system and all the air afterwards. If I leave the RO faucet on.....water will come out until you shut the faucet off. I am not able to empty this tank by leaving it on. It makes water as fast as it flows out. I am not sure if this is supposed to happen. Any advice is greatly appreciately. I am still under a Parts warranty but the labor is not included. I called for a Wednesday service visit and the cost.......$160. Want to avoid that if I can. Again, the system has been used for 5 years.

Cheers,
    Dan

Kinetico has realized this shortcoming which started to appear around 5-7 years after it came out. Some dealers have replaced them at no charge other have had a service charge. It can be eliminated by replacing the tank with an air-charged styloe type. You will get less water and dropping pressure as the tanks empties, as standard ROs can.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12