Thread: Aquafine reverse osmosis system

wayne.a is offline Junior Member

Default Aquafine reverse osmosis system

Hi there, can anyone help? I have just moved into a house that has an Aquafine R/O system. The thing is not working, there is no water coming out of the spigot. It's an Aquafine, model # AOF RO 20. As I've never had an R/O before,I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. When I first viewed the house before purchase it was working.Can't get any help from Aquafine as in Canada they're gone out of business.If there is an R/O expert out there, I would greatly appreciate a step by step walk through to get this thing working. Thanks.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Pick up the tank, is it full or empty? If it is full (about 25 lbs), then the bladder is water logged or the air has been completely depleted. If it is water logged, the bladder has sprung a leak and needs to be replaced. Depending on the tank, you may need to replace the whole tank not just the bladder.

If all the air has simply leaked out (thru the valve, etc.), then let the water out of the tank by disconnecting the hose and then opning the valve in a safe location. Use a bicycle pump to add about 7-9 psi (valve on the bottom) and listen for air escaping, If not then hook hoses back up and wait for the tank to refill.

Do this first and get back with us for other alternatives.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

wayne.a is offline Junior Member

Default Aquafine R/O system

Thanks for the info Andy. I had already emptied the tank of water, put in 8 PSI of air when empty and re-hooked the water supply to the tank.I'm not sure the tank filled with water,and still no water came out through the spigot. When I re-checked the air pressure, it showed 50 PSI.On the tank it says max.of 100 PSI working pressure.Any further thoughts?
    Wayne A.