Thread: culligan ac30 low water pressure

bobc is offline Junior Member

Default culligan ac30 low water pressure

I am having low pressure with my ro system. I havent changed the filters in about 3 years so I assume this is the problem.
    Should I replace the membrane too? it is quite expensive comared to the other 3 filters.

I also put about ten pounds of pressure in the storage tank thinking this might help, is that the right amount?. Now i get a water for a few seconds then nothing, after a few hours a few seconds of water and then nothing. Is this all related to the filters??
    Last edited by bobc; 03-15-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

I think those units recommend filter changes every six months and membrane is warrantied for a year. So, yes, get those done.

But the pressure problem you describe sounds like the tank is water-logged...bladder is broken. Is it a white, plastic tank or a metal one?

10psi is not too much. 7-9 is typical for a three-gallon tank.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

It is a white metal storage tank, looks like 2 gallons. If the bladder is broken shouldn't water come out of the shrader valve if I press it? Would it be okay to put 15 or 20 lbs of pressure in it?

anyone????

pjfan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobc
    It is a white metal storage tank, looks like 2 gallons. If the bladder is broken shouldn't water come out of the shrader valve if I press it? Would it be okay to put 15 or 20 lbs of pressure in it?
    Don't do this. I recently pumped about 20 PSI into my tank. The first problem is that the water will not get full as the pressure is too high. The other problem that I just experienced is that my waste water does not stop flowing out anymore. I am trying to figure out what is causing it.