Thread: Kinetico Quick Flow Issue

cpo58 is offline Junior Member

Default Kinetico Quick Flow Issue

My Quick flow doesn't quit running into the drain. Does anyone know what the problem is.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

The main reason for the system not shutting down is low incoming pressure. This can be caused by actual low pressure at the line or the prefilter is clogged or some blockage has occured.

Since this unit runs off of household water pressure, the incoming pressure is essential.

It may be time for a filter change.

How is your water pretreated? Do you have a softener? A Kinetico? City or well water? What is your aource water test results?

Andy Christensen

Quote Originally Posted by Andy CWS
    The main reason for the system not shutting down is low incoming pressure. This can be caused by actual low pressure at the line or the prefilter is clogged or some blockage has occured.

Since this unit runs off of household water pressure, the incoming pressure is essential.

It may be time for a filter change.

How is your water pretreated? Do you have a softener? A Kinetico? City or well water? What is your aource water test results?

Andy Christensen
    We have a Kinetico water softener and we are on city water. I don't have water test results. I change the filters about two months ago and the blue useage indicator looks fine. That was the first time that I had changed the filters myself, which brings up another qusetion, is it really nessesary to sanitize the system? Evertything seems to have been fine until this issue started.
    Thank you,
    Charlie Olson

For regular filter changes: NO, you don't have to sanitize the system unless the feed water is of questionable origin and its contaminants may have dubious micro-biological concerns.

Kinetico designed its system and filter change to forgo the usual sanitation process unless you are changing the membrane or the virus/bacteria filter (every 2000 gal.) Kinetico does have a sanitizing process in the event it is needed or desired.

The filters and housings are factory sealed and they are metered for 500 gallons. The older systems DID recommend this at every filter change,

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Quote Originally Posted by Andy CWS
    For regular filter changes: NO, you don't have to sanitize the system unless the feed water is of questionable origin and its contaminants may have dubious micro-biological concerns.

Kinetico designed its system and filter change to forgo the usual sanitation process unless you are changing the membrane or the virus/bacteria filter (every 2000 gal.) Kinetico does have a sanitizing process in the event it is needed or desired.

The filters and housings are factory sealed and they are metered for 500 gallons. The older systems DID recommend this at every filter change,

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
    I'll have to check but I think that we may have changed the pre and post filters 4 or 5 times now. Do you think that could be causing the low pressure problem? And if I were to change the reverse osmosis membrane then I should sanitize the system? I really don't think I have water pressure issue, it's about 60 lbs. What do you think? Thank You, Charlie

What I meant was, if I have put more then 2000 gallons through the membrane, would that likely restrict the pressure? Charlie

No, the pressure coming from the tank is not influenced by the condition of the membrane; it comes after the membrane.

Sorry, I am not sure why it won't stop running at the drain. Let me ask a service tech tomorrow but it may be a module on top of the tank. There were a few early models where these were repalced under warranty. Is yours less than seven years old?

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

We got the system in June of 2005. Thanks, Charlie