Thread: Sfm2

Default Sfm2

The reason I ordered this replacement filter was based on your description. After contacting the manufacturer of this filter (OMNI), I have now been informed that this filter I ordered from you will not work with my current OMNI housing. I received an e-mail from you saying that the item has already been shipped, however, it is the wrong item based on your error. I need to CANCEL this order and receive a full refund, then reorder the correct filter which would be the CB1.

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Default Sfm2

Quote Originally Posted by FiltersFastEmailQuestions
    The reason I ordered this replacement filter was based on your description. After contacting the manufacturer of this filter (OMNI), I have now been informed that this filter I ordered from you will not work with my current OMNI housing. I received an e-mail from you saying that the item has already been shipped, however, it is the wrong item based on your error. I need to CANCEL this order and receive a full refund, then reorder the correct filter which would be the CB1.
    Hi, I have never heard that so I called Omni Filter to ask and they said the the CB20 can work fine in the SFM2. As a matter of fact the housings that these filters are sold in are exactly alike. The difference is what each filter takes out, flow rate, ect. So, I believe someone may have give you wrong information. If you would still like to exchange the filter you can.
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

Default Sfm2

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    Hi, I have never heard that so I called Omni Filter to ask and they said the the CB20 can work fine in the SFM2. As a matter of fact the housings that these filters are sold in are exactly alike. The difference is what each filter takes out, flow rate, ect. So, I believe someone may have give you wrong information. If you would still like to exchange the filter you can.
    No. I am VERY glad to hear that filter will work fine with my SFM2 housing. I sent an e-mail to OMNI regarding this and this was there reply:

The SFM2 unit can only use the GAC1 or CB1 cartridges. The CB3 or CB20 will not fit/function properly.

Default Update on SFM2

Hello again! OK, so I called OMNI like you suggested and I spoke with Jane, and she said that the housings ARE (slightly) different and that I will need to take out the bottom gasket of the filter when it arrives in order for the filter to even fit into the SFM2 housing. She also said that filter has never even been tested in the SFM2 and that even though it will fit with the gasket removed, the claims that are made on the reduction level of contaminants is incorrect and should not be used for a determination of contaminant reduction levels.

I just thought I would share this with you since I have now been told 4 times, 4 different things ..