Thread: Using 2 CC-10 filters in a dual filter whats the life of 2?

lordgalla is offline Junior Member

Default Using 2 CC-10 filters in a dual filter whats the life of 2?

Hi;I have a dual under sink filter system,I had from sears,it uses 2 CC-10
    filters from your site.Ametek CC-10, CC10 American Plumber WCC Filters..The question I have is how long does 2 of these filters in this dual system supposed to last? Can someone answer this please? Thankyou.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lordgalla
    Hi;I have a dual under sink filter system,I had from sears,it uses 2 CC-10
    filters from your site.Ametek CC-10, CC10 American Plumber WCC Filters..The question I have is how long does 2 of these filters in this dual system supposed to last? Can someone answer this please? Thankyou.
    how long a filter lasts is very subjective question. Mostly, when it stops working, change it. But other things may be involved. I suppose this is used for drinking water purposes, right? --Not for washing or other utilitarian purposes.

Without x-checking the model numbers, I suppose the first filter is a sediment filter and the second one is a carbon filter. Does that sound right? Is your source water chlorinated (city water)?

Genral rule of thumb is to change filterw once a year but that is really just a guessing game. Testing water for chlorine bleed-thru can indicate the carbon is shot. Visually inspecting the sediment filter can reveal that it needs to be changed if it is gungy or the core of the filter is as dark as the exterior.

Odors coming thru can also indicate the filters need to be changed. In some cases the filters are so exhausted that the water coming out is 'dirtier' than the water going in. Ever turn on the vacuum cleaner and the whole house smell like dog??? Time to change that bag, man...

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
    Last edited by Andy CWS; 11-13-2009 at 07:58 AM.

lordgalla is offline Junior Member

ya its for drinking water,and it uses 2 cc-10 filters,2 of the same filters,and it is city water.guess it's about once a year.Thanks

BClark is offline Member

Default Cc-10

The manufacturer recommends you change these filters every 6 months or 500 gallons, depending on water quality and usage.

PRR
    PRR is offline Junior Member

Depends on your problems. My well is so silty that a large filter clogs-up in 3 weeks, although the filter maker says 6 months. (They even give you a timer that starts blinking in 180 days.)

City water should not clog a filter in weeks or even several months. (Maybe heavy use of a super-fine filter?) If that happens, look at your raw water for cloudiness, and ask your water company if that's normal.

As Andy says: if the taste seems "off", you may need a new one, and you probably should change every year just because that's a long time for a domestic water filter.