How do I change the filters?
I just bought some new filters for my undersink system and I'm not sure how to change them. Could you give me some instructions on how to install the new filters?
How do I change my filters?
Originally Posted by FiltersFastEmailQuestions
Sure. It is actually very easy. The instructions are below:
1. Turn off water supply to filter. If unit is Valve-In-Head style, rotate handle on top of housing to OFF position.
2. Depress pressure release button (if present) to relieve pressure in filter housing. If you don't have a pressure release button, turn on the sink faucet and let the remaining water drain out. This will release the pressure in the tank.
3. Unscrew the housing using a spanner wrench.
NOTE:When opening filter housing to change cartridge, it is common for o-ring/gasket to lift out of housing and stick to cap.
4. Remove used cartridge and discard. Rinse out housing and fill about 1/3 full with water. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of bleach and scrub thoroughly with brush or sponge. Rinse thoroughly.
5. Remove o-ring/gasket from sump and wipe groove and o-ring/gasket clean. Lubricate o-ring/gasket with a coating of clean silicone grease. Place o-ring/gasket back in place and press o-ring down into the groove with two fingers (or place gasket on rim of sump).
NOTE:This step is important to ensure proper filter seal. Make sure the o-ring is seated level in the groove (or gasket is on rime of sump).
6. Insert a new cartridge into the sump making sure that it slips down over the sump standpipe.
7. Screw the sump onto the cap and hand tighten. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN. Make sure cartridge slips over the cap standpipe.
8. Turn on the water supply slowly to allow housing to fill with water. When using a Valve-In-Head, rotate handle slowly to the ON (Filter) position.
9. Depress the pressure release button (if present) to release trapped air from filter.
10. Check for leaks before leaving installation.