Thread: Waste Flow Trouble

saffordsink is offline Junior Member

Default Waste Flow Trouble

We moved into our home last July, so I'm not sure how old/well maintained the RO unit is/has been. A few days ago the waste flow began dripping, sometimes running, constantly. I know nothing about RO systems--do you have any advice for me regarding repairing the waste flow?

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Default Waste Flow

Do you know what brand of RO system it is?
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

saffordsink is offline Junior Member

There is one label attached to the pre-filter (I think) mount that reads: Premier Manufactured Systems, Inc. (Phoenix, AZ), Model # RO-TFC-4SV, Serial # 124305.

Other than this, I can't find any other numbers or names?

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Default RO issues

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything referencing that brand or model number. I'm sorry! You might try a plumber as a last resort. But FYI for future reference this is exactly why purchasing a name brand RO system is better than purchasing one made locally (which is what that one sounds like). If they go out of business or quit making the systems you have no choice but to replace it if you cannot repair it. I know you just moved in so you didn't have a choice but its a good lesson to learn if you decide to replace the system.
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

mrfisher is offline Junior Member

Premier Manufacturing Systems was acquired by Watts in 2001.

Google for "RO-TFC-4SV" and you'll get a link to the manual for that model.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

It sounds like you have a loose line at the drain and may need to be replaced or cut and refitted. Many areas require an air-gap as not to permit bacteria from entering through the 'backdoor'.

ROs drain as the water passes laterally across the membrane. Quality ROs have automatic shut-offs when the tank is full.

Chances are you need filters repalced and amybe the membrane also. If you want your drinking water to be the highest quality that your particular moedl can produce, then get it serviced or replaced.

For me drinking water is far too important to just leave it go without maintenance.

Andy Christensen, CWS