Thread: Amway Compatible A101

Default Amway Compatible A101

What is the micron rating of this filter?

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Default Amway Compatible

The Amway Compatible A101 Filter is a 5 micron carbon block filter.

A101
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

GACrabill is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    The Amway Compatible A101 Filter is a 5 micron carbon block filter.
    Is this really correct?

How do you explain the official Amway/Quixtar filter spec :
    "Provides high-quality drinking water by removing more than 140 contaminants down to 0.2 microns in size."

There's a BIG difference between 5 microns and .2 microns!

Does your filter really allow particles 25 times larger to pass thru the filter than does the Amway/Quixtar filter?

Default A101

Yes, this is correct. The A101 is an Amway compatible filter. It is not an exact replica with the extact same specifications. The manufacturer has made this compatible filter a 5 micron filter.
    Last edited by rscardigno; 08-15-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

GACrabill is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    Yes, this is correct. The A101 is an Amway compatible filter. It is not an exact replica with the extact same specifications. The manufacturer has made this compatible filter a 5 micron filter. Last edited by rscardigno : Today at 04:57 PM.
    I see that you have editted your reply to remove the manufacterer / distributor phone number (805-227-0864) and the invitation to call them to verify the filter's specifications. Why have you decided to hide this important information?

Obviously, my worry is that this filter is a very poor quality filter and should not be sold by a company with such a stellar reputation as yours.

Even more interesting is that other vendors seem to sell this exact same filter from the same compatible manufacturer and they state that the filter specification is .2 microns.

I just don't know who to believe!

Default A101

Hi Mr. Raybill,

I assure you that no one is trying to hide important information from you. It was my mistake to post the company's phone number in the first place, as they are set up to deal with distributors and not customers directly. That was my mistake. As for what other vendors have on their website I cannot speak to that. I can only assure you that the manufacturer of this product has informed us that this product is a 5 micron carbon block filter. There would be no reason for us to misinform customers that the filter filters out less than it actually does.
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458