Thread: Kinetico QuickFlo storage tank pressure drop

atkins is offline Junior Member

Default Kinetico QuickFlo storage tank pressure drop

We have a RO system that uses a QuickFlo storage tank.
    The water flow from the faucet became a slow drizzle. We changed all filters and it did not help so we pulled out storage tank and opened. When we began emptying the water we realized the water smelled rotten. Like it had been stagnant for some time.

Does this tank have a bladder?

After we got the tank completely empty we reinstalled and the water flow is good now.

I am concerned that we are not getting good water now.

Does this tank have a bladder? or some type of lining that may have a hole in it causing water to become trapped and stagnant?

What should we do now.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

All RO tanks will develop an odor and slimy feel and this is why a post carbon block filter is used to counter those issues. I recommend sanitizing once a year but most importantly keep up on your filter changes.

The next time you change filters remove the 1/4" line on the tank next to the 3/8" line on the tank and run water until the air has expelled and then reconnect. The tank has a bladder that separates the product water with the incoming household pressure water. There is no air charge in these tanks.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Roccero4 is offline Junior Member

Andy, I am new to this forum I have a kinetico gx system recently I changed the two filters pre and post but this time when I went to turn the system on I have no water from the ro faucet. Called kinetico the want to charge me $ 139 dollars trip charge to come to the house. Can I fx this problem myself I have a 10 year parts and labor warranty but this trip charge seems a bit steep. What do you think ?

The Kinetico warranty is ten years on parts, one year on service. Unless the dealer gave you his own warranty, don't be surprised if you are mistaken. You are supposed to either pre-fill the post filter with water or remove the 1/4" line next to the 3/8" line on top of the tank when filling with water. Air will blow out before water comes out. When that happens, reconnect the hose and you are back in business. However, if you put an air-lock in the tank modulator, it is shot and needs to be replaced.

You can adapt the system with a bladder tank. If you get a 10-gallon tank, you will have about 4 gallons of water and at a little more than the service call from the dealer.

Andy Christensen

Default Quick FLow Tank

Andy,
    Thank You for your response regarding my quick flow kinetico tank not functioning after I changed the two filters.
    The warranty 10 years parts and labor was correct somehow their salesperson made a mistake so the are binded by the contract. Also if I understand correctly if I created a air lock the modulator is ruined ? Is this something I can buy from kinetico or somewhere else and change myself ? When I mentioned doing the work myself the kinetico personnel said It required a special tool to take it apart is this true? You also mentioned a tank with a bladder, which brand do you recommend and how would I go about exchanging it with the Quick Flow ? I believe I read a thread where you told someone to block off certain ports if I need to do that what do you use to block them with ?

Thank You

Roccero4

As far as I know, the modulator is history but is replaceable. The 'special' tool is an oversized pair of channel locks that is big enough to grab the flat on the top. Some Kinetico dealers will sell them to you. I have a parts manual if you need.

A bladder-style tank can be used. It is very simple. You will need John Guest plugs for ports number 1, 2, and 3 in the back. Then let the drain go to the drain and the tank lead to the tank. Done. But I would get nothing less than a five-gallon tank for ample volume. Keep the air pressure around 9psi.

Andy Christensen

Default Kinetico Quick Flow Tank Modulator

Hi Andy,

It has been a few days since we last communicated regarding my Kinetico Quck Flow Tank. I would like to replace the modulator myself before buying a different tank. I have a large set of channel locks to accomodate the modualtor. You mentioned some dealers who would sell me the parts, when I mentioned this to my dealer he said it would void the warranty, I said " well I change my own filters and you are ok with that " no response, so I think it is their way of making money.
    So would you know of any dealer who would be willing to sell me the parts ? You also mentioned a manual you may be able to supply me with that would be appreciated. Also if I have a kinetico water softner unit in the garage it consist of three tanks (Mach Series 2030 Upflow Dechlorinators) two of the tanks contain carbon filtration media when they came out last November they changed out the carbon media. Is this something I can do myself and if so do you have a manual on this as well ? Of course if my dealer is uncooperative to sell me the carbon media is there a place I can purchase it.? Can I also service the brine tank on the softner when the time comes ? Sorry about all these questions but I am a hands on type of home owner who likes to be knowledgable it never hurts. And again thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

Roccero

Andy,

Looked at my information, the softner is a 2030s series the two carbon tanks are 1030 series

Roccero

I am a little confused. You say two of the three tanks have carbon and you have a 2030 softener. I believe the twin tank is the softener (2030) and the third tank (with no control valve) is the carbon tank. Are all three the same size? A picture would be great. Yes, carbon is something that can be done without any special tools. If that dealer won't sell carbon to you, you may be able to get it at a Culligan, Hague, other dealer, or a plumbing supply store or on line.

I am not sure what dealer will sell and send a modulator to you. I can check with one dealer next week. As far as the warranty, that should be your choice whether you wish the void it or not. Your service warranty is already up and there service warranty is almost up. There are really no other problems that unit usually has.

Default Quick Flow Kinetico Tank ( kinetico water softener tanks)

Andy,

Sorry I have not gotten back to you re: water softener unit set- up you asked me to send a picture of the units so we can have more clarity on what type of units Kinetico equipped me with. Life gets a little busy, I will try to get this out to you this week.

Roccero