Thread: Cloudy water after heating from UDS-10EX1 ?

dorfu is offline Junior Member

Question Cloudy water after heating from UDS-10EX1 ?

This is very odd, and I wonder if it has to do with the KDF material? We installed a Pentek UDS-10EX1 filter purchased from Filters Fast and have been using it for a couple weeks. My wife filled a clean stainless pot to put on our wood stove to help with dry air. She happened to use water from the filter and I noticed the water was very cloudy after about 2/3 of it had evaporated.

This was a little alarming so I did an experiement where I put filtered water in one pot and tap water in another and evaporated them on our gas range until they reached about 1/2 their original volume. The water from the UDS-10EX1 cartridge became very cloudy almost immediately. I've never noticed this before from other KDF filters I've used.

What could cause this and should I discontinue the use of this filter?

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

What is the condition of the source water? How old is the filter media? Is there any other treatment involved?

What is the condition of the source water?

The source water is municipal, and I don't have the recent report in front of me but it's all within EPA and State specs. It is a little hard, and we've had rain recently so probably more hard than normal. As I said the experiement I did with tap water from the same source did not show this effect at all.

How old is the filter media?

The filter media is about 2 weeks old.

Is there any other treatment involved?

Nope, just the cartridge mentioned.

I also noticed that these filters are "Made in China" - given all the product safety issues with Chinese goods and the fact that the housings are totally opaque I am worried that these could be counterfiet as again I've been using KDF filter media for many years and have never seen this happen.

bump

What is Filters Fast return policy?

Korymcn is offline Junior Member

For our most up-to-date return policy see our terms and conditions.