Thread: sanitizing undersink Amway purifier system

zachsmom is offline Junior Member

Unhappy sanitizing undersink Amway purifier system

Hi,
    We haven't used our amway system in 8 years, but now that I have birds I decided to get a filter and use it again. I was wondering the best way to clean it all out to make sure there is no bacteria or mold in the lines or the faucet lever.
    I took everything apart and washed it in soap and water, including the plastic tubing and the faucet part. I then ran bleach water through it but only used about 1TBS per gallon of water. I'm thinking i need to use more bleach. Anyway how will I know I got everything out and it's safe to use for my birds. Don't want to put the filter in till I'm absolutely sure. Shoule I get a water test kit and use it first on the water comming through the system before adding the filter? I guess then I would know the bacteria is out.
    Thanks for any help here.
    Also once I do this, how often should I clean the system out. I'm thinking between each filter change.
    zachsmom

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

http://www.cleanlink.com/hs/article....s=disinfectant

Sanitizing and disinfection are different. It seems as though you have done an adequate job of sanitizing and should have no problems for the pets. It is good that you did such a thorough job.

Consult AMWAY for further instructions.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II