Thread: Replacement filters for Kinetico RO-30

abcguy is offline Junior Member

Red face Replacement filters for Kinetico RO-30

Just came across this forum. I purchased a RO under sink unit from the local Kinetico rep several years ago, which they installed. I recently called them to order replacement filters for my RO-30 unit. I am clueless on how to install them since no instructions were ever given to me. (I will call them for instructions later this week.) When I received the two filters (one 5 micron Pure-Flex sediment filter and one plastic carbon cartridge filter, I think), they didn't appear to be Kinetico brand. Maybe they don't have their own brand, but the filters appear to be generic type (and quite expense, I think, for $60.) My question is do I have to buy their filters and membrane in the future for replacement ,or is there a better place to buy them for less? Also, are they easy to change for a DIY project? Thanks for your advice from this newbie here.

wiers56 is offline Junior Member

Wink Kinetico under sink water filtration systems

I inherited a Kinetico water filter system and I am still struggling to find compatible filters. After looking for months I found a company called H20 Distributors to help me find one for the whole house system. Now I'm looking for a brand name for the under sink filters. Changing the filters is very easy. Just shut off the water to your tank and to your water supply. Then turn on your drinking water faucet and let it go until it stops. This empties out the bladder tank. Then just twist to the left and the filters will unscrew. Just put the new ones back in the same way and turn the water back on. What brand did you purchase? Kinetico does not have their own brand; they do use other brands. I think they just keep it a secret! Good luck!

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by abcguy
    Just came across this forum. I purchased a RO under sink unit from the local Kinetico rep several years ago, which they installed. I recently called them to order replacement filters for my RO-30 unit.
    Can you describe the RO? Color of the filter housings, the water flow order (left to right or V/V) that the filters are placed. What color is your tank? Is the last filter shorter than the first or the same length? Do the housings unscrew or snap off? Let me know.

RO filters are very easy to change. I'm not sure where the idea that Kinetico doesn't have its own brand. They manufacture their own system and are unique.

The new K5 RO is amazing. It has features no other RO has anywhere.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Interersting. Well, I tried to help but i am not able to if you don't respond.

Let me know how, or if, you would like to solve your problems.