Thread: best filter system with no plastic parts

unkleremis is offline Junior Member

Default best filter system with no plastic parts

I know this seems odd but my wife has asked me to find the best filter system without plastic parts. Or at least plastic that comes into contact with the water.

She is very health conscious and has recently decided to stop drinking out of plastic as she feels that stuff may be leeching into the water from the plastic.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Reverse osmosis water is the best water for the price. The water can be produced at your home for the assurance of quality.

Water is the universal solvent. IOW, is will "leach" from practically any surface it touches. She is true on that point. But the amount drawn from plastic designed to contain water is so minimal, that comparing it to other elements in water from other sources is so minuscule that it is hardly worth the argument.

Storing water in ceramic, stainless steel, or glass may be the best solution. We use RO water and store it in large, glass wine carafes. So if she is as health conscious as you say, she will understand that providing the best water (absence of contaminants) far outreaches going after some unproven technology.

I have seen people buy large glass containers filled with rocks and they pour tap water through them. They told me the salesman said it put minerals back into their water. Whew! OK!

There have been reports about not re-filling plastic water bottles. This, in part, is due to the fact the bottling companies have no way of monitoring what quality of water is again going into them and therefore cannot guarantee the bottle won’t be affected.

On the other hand, when someone is dead set on (or against) something, there is little we can do to convince them otherwise. Would you agree to that? In that case, suggest a distiller. These are not efficient, cheap, nor do they produce great quantities of water and may still let VOCs come through.

Do more research on ROs, distillers and big jugs with rocks!

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Default plastic in water

Reverse osmosis water is the best water for the price. The water can be produced at your home for the assurance of quality.

Water is the universal solvent. IOW, is will "leach" from practically any surface it touches. She is true on that point. But the amount drawn from plastic designed to contain water is so minimal, that comparing it to other elements in water from other sources is so minuscule that it is hardly worth the argument.

Storing water in ceramic, stainless steel, or glass may be the best solution. We use RO water and store it in large, glass wine carafes. So if she is as health conscious as you say, she will understand that providing the best water (absence of contaminants) far outreaches going after some unproven technology.

I have seen people buy large glass containers filled with rocks and they pour tap water through them. They told me the salesman said it put minerals back into their water. Whew! OK!

There have been reports about not re-filling plastic water bottles. This, in part, is due to the fact the bottling companies have no way of monitoring what quality of water is again going into them and therefore cannot guarantee the bottle won’t be affected.

On the other hand, when someone is dead set on (or against) something, there is little we can do to convince them otherwise. Would you agree to that? In that case, suggest a distiller. These are not efficient, cheap, nor do they produce great quantities of water and may still let VOCs come through.

Do more research on ROs, distillers and big jugs with rocks!

Andy Christensen, CWS-II