Thread: Installation too tight

puzzled is offline Junior Member

Default Installation too tight

I need to replace the filter cartridge on my OmniFilter SFM2, but I can't get it open! I have used the plastic wrench that came with it, but it won't budge. Any tips?

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Filter Stuck

Unfortunatley if you've already shut off the water and ran the faucet until no more water comes out and you've tried using the wrench then there's not much more you can do besides use more force.

The key is not to tighten the sump on the cap with the wrench. You should always just hand-tighten the sump after replacing the filters. This will prevent this situation from happening in the future. Sorry couldn't be of more help.
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

skeppy is offline Junior Member

Smile Too tight filter housing

Quote Originally Posted by puzzled
    I need to replace the filter cartridge on my OmniFilter SFM2, but I can't get it open! I have used the plastic wrench that came with it, but it won't budge. Any tips?
    I've experienced same. It usually takes two people to unscrew cap; one to hold and counter-turn the cap, while the other person turns the cylinder in the opposite direction with the wrench. Any two spouses or householders will do.