Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Double softener , double soft?

  1. #21
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    wait a little more. Your answer is on the way

  2. #22
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I believe that ignoring you is probably answer enough. Most of us had pretty much decided that it's not worth the effort to argue with someone that has problems with reading comprehension. But hey, keep on poking the bear, that's always a good idea.

    Oh, and I'm still waiting on that bet, just let me know when.

  3. #23
    Driller1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser
    I see you're back over at TL's again, and at ripoffreport too. And yet here you say again that you're going to ignore me....
    Did you have a stroke or something??

    Everything in the world is not about YOU!!!!
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

  4. #24
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I am not back at TL's and you are an idiot.

    I have NEVER posted anything at rip off report, in fact I'm beginning to believe that it is you that is posting there to stir up trouble, just like you do at TL's. It seems to be your modus operandi. Someone has managed to hack MY email account and I have a feeling It's you.

    I think that I will copy the contents of the past few posts by you and mail them directly to Terry so maybe just maybe he will finally see that all the crap over there has ALWAYS been started by and perpetuated by YOU. You are a CANCER that infects web sites.

  5. #25
    Driller1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Master
    I am not back at TL's and you are an idiot.

    I have NEVER posted anything at rip off report, in fact I'm beginning to believe that it is you that is posting there to stir up trouble, just like you do at TL's. It seems to be your modus operandi. Someone has managed to hack MY email account and I have a feeling It's you.

    I think that I will copy the contents of the past few posts by you and mail them directly to Terry so maybe just maybe he will finally see that all the crap over there has ALWAYS been started by and perpetuated by YOU. You are a CANCER that infects web sites.
    Good idea!!!!
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

  6. #26
    Stevo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I wandered in here as I am looking at a new water softener. I wish I worked in the entertainment industry. I'd take all of you guys start a new TV series and make a billion dollars!! No kidding this is some of the best entertainment I've found in years!!

    We had a guy come out to our house and do a little hardness test as we have well water. Then he actually said "wow your water is pretty good". I don't recall the numbers. Then he preceeded to try to sell me a $6000 water system. I almost laughed in his face, but instead I told him I'm not spending that kind of money. If he would have came back in the $2500-$3000 range I would have considered it but beyond that there is no way I would spend that much money.

    So I do have a question. My Mother in law has a Kinetico and recommeded it to us. I'm not impressed myself but can anyone tell me where to find complete documentation on everything they sell? Kineticos website is worthless. I don't want to talk with a salesman. I want to review information without someone there interupting my eduction on their product.
    Last edited by Stevo; 04-10-2010 at 02:25 PM.

  7. #27
    Driller1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo
    I wandered in here as I am looking at a new water softener. I wish I worked in the entertainment industry. I'd take all of you guys start a new TV series and make a billion dollars!! No kidding this is some of the best entertainment I've found in years!!

    We had a guy come out to our house and do a little hardness test as we have well water. Then he actually said "wow your water is pretty good". I don't recall the numbers. Then he preceeded to try to sell me a $6000 water system. I almost laughed in his face, but instead I told him I'm not spending that kind of money. If he would have came back in the $2500-$3000 range I would have considered it but beyond that there is no way I would spend that much money.

    So I do have a question. My Mother in law has a Kinetico and recommeded it to us. I'm not impressed myself but can anyone tell me where to find complete documentation on everything they sell? Kineticos website is worthless. I don't want to talk with a salesman. I want to review information without someone there interupting my eduction on their product.
    LOL I would love to be in pictures!!!! Ya know we just need a room and a cheap set up???

    At least you have read enough to know not to order a softener on line...
    Last edited by Driller1; 04-10-2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

  8. #28
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    You know Driller, I have never had a problem with folks buying stuff online or even with them buying from Gary. He sells decent products and his prices are in line with everyone elses. His business has never been an issue with me unless his advertising violated forum rules and then he should be held just as accountable as anyone else would be. The biggest issue I have with pushing products is that it inevitably turns into an argument over who's stuff is the best. I think the pro's and con's should be discussed and then left to the consumer to decide rather than the constant bashing that occurs. Kinetico being a prime example. Yes it's expensive and yes it is proprietary but it is also quality stuff.

  9. #29
    Driller1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Master
    You know Driller, I have never had a problem with folks buying stuff online or even with them buying from Gary. He sells decent products and his prices are in line with everyone elses. His business has never been an issue with me unless his advertising violated forum rules and then he should be held just as accountable as anyone else would be. The biggest issue I have with pushing products is that it inevitably turns into an argument over who's stuff is the best. I think the pro's and con's should be discussed and then left to the consumer to decide rather than the constant bashing that occurs. Kinetico being a prime example. Yes it's expensive and yes it is proprietary but it is also quality stuff.
    And the way I see it, if he will continually start arguments over nothing and no reason, what will it be with a customer when it will cost him money????

    IMO, there is just a deep issue with him being "right". I see no reason once he has someone's money, that need to be "right" would not just deepen.

    Just not my kind of person to deal with.
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

  10. #30
    Driller1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Master
    I am not back at TL's and you are an idiot.

    I have NEVER posted anything at rip off report, in fact I'm beginning to believe that it is you that is posting there to stir up trouble, just like you do at TL's. It seems to be your modus operandi. Someone has managed to hack MY email account and I have a feeling It's you.

    I think that I will copy the contents of the past few posts by you and mail them directly to Terry so maybe just maybe he will finally see that all the crap over there has ALWAYS been started by and perpetuated by YOU. You are a CANCER that infects web sites.
    Yet here you accused him of a crime???
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

  11. #31
    Gary Slusser is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wherever we park the motor home.
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driller1
    And the way I see it, if he will continually start arguments over nothing and no reason, what will it be with a customer when it will cost him money????

    IMO, there is just a deep issue with him being "right". I see no reason once he has someone's money, that need to be "right" would not just deepen.

    Just not my kind of person to deal with.
    Since "he" is me, question and please be specific, how do you think a customer can cost me money?

  12. #32
    Driller1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser
    Well the beginning of this thread should help you a lot. As you should see, there is little to no info on how Kinetico's control valves work or how to fix them when they break. And there is only the one'n only local dealer to get service from and many of them will not sell you parts; or tell you what parts may need to be replaced. And from your experience with your local dealer, you've learned they are way overpriced. Especially if you realize that they use the same resins, resin tanks and salt tanks as the rest of us do.

    BTW, I'm with you on the entertainment value here. lol Except for driller1, she has no sense of humor.
    Sure I do Gary, I laugh at you all the time....
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

  13. #33
    Driller1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser
    Since "he" is me, question and please be specific, how do you think a customer can cost me money?
    I think on a warranty issue or when it comes to standing behind a product you would keep arguing with the customer rather than make it right.

    All I see from you is arguing.
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

  14. #34
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser
    LOL Yeah you are back a TL's and if you keep up there like you have twice before, don't be surprised if you are banned again.

    I welcome anything you want to do, send copies and make your claims to anyone you want to. Or you can ignore me like you say you are but before you do, I'd love to hear how you think anyone can hack someone's email. And why aren't you going to ripoffreport and correcting them IF you think someone pretended to be you; especially since you claim it was me!! LOL

    They can tell you the poster's email address, name and ISP and very likely their computer's IP #.
    You are a proven internet TROLL, why would anyone believe a single word that comes out of your mouth. You are a gutless, spineless little man with a Napoleon complex. You are in serious need of psychiatric counseling. You are the cause of 99% of every argument on every forum that still allows you to participate and there are damn few of them still left out there. You have been banned from so many forums that it's impossible to count them all. You post under alias names just to start trouble because you have nothing better to do with your pathetic life. I no longer feel the need to "defend" any comments made by you because the source is at best unreliable and at worse a compulsive liar. And you can LOL yourself right into the asylum where you belong.

    Here, I believe this one is you, though you will naturally deny all involvement.

    Kinetico Water Softener - Math Doesn't Work?


    Posted by homerguy (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 8, 09 at 13:13

    I hear a lot about how good Kinetico Water Softeners are. We just moved into a new house that has hard water (19-20 Grains), so I had a Kinetico rep come out to the house. He was very thorough, and I like the overall system, but I don’t see how their system is any more efficient or better than competitiors.

    Maybe my calculations are incorrect…..Please double check me.

    At our hardness, the Kinetico will need to regenerate every 313 gallons, and will use 29 gallons of water to do so. 29/313 = 0.093 Gallons of Regeneration Water per gallon of Softened Water Produced.

    Another item that scares me is that when our household expands, this system could be regenerating daily or even more frequently. I’ve heard that too frequent regenerations inhibit a strong brine solution from having enough time to form.

    A traditional 40,000 Grain unit will regenerate every 2000 Gallons. (40,000 grain capacity / 20 grains per gallon = 2,000 gallons?). Let’s estimate it uses 125 gallons to regenerate. Therefore the efficiency is 125/2000 = 0.0625 Gallons of Regeneration Water per Gallon of Softened Water Produced.

    Even if this traditional unit is only 75% efficient, and needs to regenerate every 1500 gallons, the efficiency is 125/1500 = 0.083 Gallons of Regeneration Water per gallon of Softened Water produced.

    The traditional water softener is still more efficient by my calculations.

    I’m not trying to bash the Kinetico. I like their system, I’m just looking for reasons to justify the 40% price premium for a Kinetico. Their RO System Carries a 150% price premium! I’m all for buying quality, but I'm wondering if these price premiums exceed the return on investment.
    Last edited by NH Master; 04-11-2010 at 07:10 PM.

  15. #35
    Driller1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    191

    Default

    I agree with the above post.

    That is why I could NEVER encourage anyone to buy from Gary.
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

  16. #36
    Gary Slusser is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wherever we park the motor home.
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driller1
    I think on a warranty issue or when it comes to standing behind a product you would keep arguing with the customer rather than make it right.

    All I see from you is arguing.
    You don't know how warranties are handled. I troubleshoot the problem, identify what is wrong and I call or email my supplier to describe the problem and they send a free replacement part. Some times the customer is required to send the bad part back but that is rare. What do you suppose that costs me? If you guessed a dollar for the 800 number phone call to troubleshoot, you're right, otherwise you're wrong as usual.

  17. #37
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Why can't you read. Been there, done that

  18. #38
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    My IT guy is handling it, thanks.

    I don't know who it is but I'll tell you this, I am pissed off about it. There have been countless posts made that I had no knowledge of and worse yet, I can't do anything about at this point. And why? Just so some Troll can get his jollys?

    I belong to a dozen or so other forums. I have never and this problem with any single one of them until I became a member at Terry's. Sure, I have had disagreements with members before but they have been civil. I don't have the time or patience to put up with this crap.
    Last edited by NH Master; 04-12-2010 at 03:05 PM.

  19. #39
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    End of conversation.
    Last edited by NH Master; 04-13-2010 at 05:29 AM.

  20. #40
    NH Master is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    You have something personal to say to me then why not do it in a PM rather than subject everyone else to your child like behavior? Pissed off because nobody is defending your assinine posts over there? Pissed off because a couple of engineers have told you that you are wrong? So what did you do, go crying to the mods or Terry again. BTW nice try here with the troll thing. Had us ROFLOAO If you can't affored your Prozak let us know. maybe we can do a fund raiser for you
    Last edited by NH Master; 07-08-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •