Thread: Brine valve adjustment

Larry is offline Junior Member

Default Brine valve adjustment

I have a Kenitco water softer that is 20 years old today! The softener no longer worked. After much research, I found out the brine tank was completely clogged at the bottom. In addition, the old style styrofoam floats were stuck and partially eaten away. I removed the brine tank, took it apart, cleaned it out and ordered a new brine valve float assembly. I received it, with a note on the top stating: Valve must be adjusted to proper level. This is a new style assembly and no instructions were received with the assembly! HOW DO I ADJUST?

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    I have a Kenitco water softer that is 20 years old today! The softener no longer worked. After much research, I found out the brine tank was completely clogged at the bottom. In addition, the old style styrofoam floats were stuck and partially eaten away. I removed the brine tank, took it apart, cleaned it out and ordered a new brine valve float assembly. I received it, with a note on the top stating: Valve must be adjusted to proper level. This is a new style assembly and no instructions were received with the assembly! HOW DO I ADJUST?
    Can you tell me the hardness and iron count? The Model number of the unit and the number of the disc at the top of the valve?

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Gary Slusser is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    Is it a Kinetico float assembly? If so some require you to break tabs off the bottom part to set it. If not you adjust the height of the float according to the volume of water needed to dissolve 3 lbs of salt per gallon for the number of lbs you need.