Thread: Help in Kinetico 4040s OD Setup

tyjp1 is offline Junior Member

Default Help in Kinetico 4040s OD Setup

I purchased a used Kintetico 4040s OD with the 7202 (12x16x20) Brine Tank. My city water results are
    TDS = 70
    Hardness = 5
    PH = 6.8

My unit has the 3/3 Disk and would like to know guidelines in setting the float level in the brine tank? Thanks in advance!

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tyjp1
    I purchased a used Kintetico 4040s OD with the 7202 (12x16x20) Brine Tank. My city water results are
    TDS = 70
    Hardness = 5
    PH = 6.8

My unit has the 3/3 Disk and would like to know guidelines in setting the float level in the brine tank? Thanks in advance!
    Do you know how old your system is? I can get you settings later.

These units have just one salt setting but your disc may need to bechange for optimum efficiency. This is one Kinetico's most efficient systems.

The serial/model sticker has the following date: 4/29/06.

Thanks!

Also, can someone tell me after installation what I need to run through to condition the system. Note I have new resin and carbon in my system. I have noticed a brown color in my brine tank and assume this is washoff from the resin? How long should this last and something I need to be worried about (I also had some out of the faucet for a short period of time)?

Wow, can feel the soft water though. . . yippeeee! Now just need it clear

Thanks again!!

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tyjp1
    Also, can someone tell me after installation what I need to run through to condition the system. Note I have new resin and carbon in my system. I have noticed a brown color in my brine tank and assume this is washoff from the resin? How long should this last and something I need to be worried about (I also had some out of the faucet for a short period of time)?

Wow, can feel the soft water though. . . yippeeee! Now just need it clear

Thanks again!!
    With new rtesins or when a softener sits for periods of time you may see a discoloration of the watr fro a short time. let it run and put it through a manual regeneration to get it cleared up.

Usually, nothing to worry about.